Contribute
Register

Sleep problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The ioreg you provided looks like it is from a 4540s.

On whatever machine you're using, use Apple->Sleep to test sleep.
I have another problem with sleep...it wake out from sleep every 3 h i think.... I honw somewhere here in forum is a command to stop this ...but i dont find it, can you help me with that?!

I have another problem with sleep...it wake out from sleep every 3 h i think.... I honw somewhere here in forum is a command to stop this ...but i dont find it, can you help me with that?!

Is this with the computer in your profile (4530s) or the computer that your ioreg came from?

Do you have two computers? (both a 4530s and a 4540s?)

Is this with the computer in your profile (4530s) or the computer that your ioreg came from?

Do you have two computers? (both a 4530s and a 4540s?)

Everything is fine with me, but wake from sleep after a while, 3h I think. This is the only problem I Have - I have just one pc 4530s...
The problem with ioreg is from other guy.

I'm the guy with who you tried the usb 3.0 kextToPatch and after that it was implemanted in PBI CE - if you remember

Everything is fine with me, but wake from sleep after a while, 3h I think. This is the only problem I Have - I have just one pc 4530s...
The problem with ioreg is from other guy.

I'm the guy with who you tried the usb 3.0 kextToPatch and after that it was implemanted in PBI CE - if you remember

OK, so you haven't sent ioreg yet?

Do you have hibernation disabled?

Do you have bluetooth? If so, what bluetooth firmware uploader are you using?

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

OK, so you haven't sent ioreg yet?

Do you have hibernation disabled?

Do you have bluetooth? If so, what bluetooth firmware uploader are you using?

Ok let's take in order...
1. I sent you my ioreg, but not now - when we tred the usb3.0 fix - i Will do it again
2. I dont know what bluetooth i used PBI CE what is in that
3. If this is the comand to disable the hibernation
Code:
[I]sudo pmset[/I] -a [I]hibernatemode 0[/I]
then Yes it is disebled.

Now the things you need:
1. Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 10.24.34.pngView attachment RehabMan.zipView attachment Ciprian’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Ok let's take in order...
1. I sent you my ioreg, but not now - when we tred the usb3.0 fix - i Will do it again
2. I dont know what bluetooth i used PBI CE what is in that
3. If this is the comand to disable the hibernation
Code:
[I]sudo pmset[/I] -a [I]hibernatemode 0[/I]
then Yes it is disebled.

Now the things you need:
1. View attachment 124048View attachment 124049View attachment 124050

PBI CE will not install any bluetooth kext. You have to to select in Misc Optional to install the bluetooth kext.

Many people report that usb works fine if you disable bluetooth by tapping the card.

PBI CE will not install any bluetooth kext. You have to to select in Misc Optional to install the bluetooth kext.

Many people report that usb works fine if you disable bluetooth by tapping the card.

My problem is not with usb...al fine there... about the kext , i said that I dont know what version or name of the kext is, the version witch is included in pbi.. btw i selected that option. but dont know what is the name of the kext.

My problem is not with usb...al fine there... about the kext , i said that I dont know what version or name of the kext is, the version witch is included in pbi.. btw i selected that option. but dont know what is the name of the kext.

Cipry I think your having the exact same problems im having. I also have a 4530s, about a month ago, using the latest PBI, everything was working fine, sleep etc, however the only problem was USB 3.0 (since Yosemite which I just lived with). Thats when you posted those fixes in KextsToPatch in clover to fix USB 3.0 (which is obviously in the latest PBI). I posted that it worked fine, however since then I have sleep problems, most of the time it doesn't work, usual black screen when waking, and have to reboot. I don't have bluetooth, (no kexts or entries in clover). I understand that series 6 4530s's have always had sleep issues.
So for now I need USB 3.0 more than sleep to work, so im carrying on with the latest PBI and config.plist. Maybe there is a fix to get everything working.

Cipry I think your having the exact same problems im having. I also have a 4530s, about a month ago, using the latest PBI, everything was working fine, sleep etc, however the only problem was USB 3.0 (since Yosemite which I just lived with). Thats when you posted those fixes in KextsToPatch in clover to fix USB 3.0 (which is obviously in the latest PBI). I posted that it worked fine, however since then I have sleep problems, most of the time it doesn't work, usual black screen when waking, and have to reboot. I don't have bluetooth, (no kexts or entries in clover). I understand that series 6 4530s's have always had sleep issues.
So for now I need USB 3.0 more than sleep to work, so im carrying on with the latest PBI and config.plist. Maybe there is a fix to get everything working.

My problem is with: Wake from sleep every 3h. (just for a short time..30-60sec) after that it goes to sleep again by it's self. Your problem can be fixed...my Sleep works just perfect, but the 3hours thing is very anoyng becase it makes noise when is getting out of sleep.
Search here...or google it and you will find a fix for your problem... When i had a probablem like yours I deleted the EFI folder from EFI partition , boot from usb without chache(your installer usb )and run again PBI and it fixed for me... I dont know if this is the right soloution, but it worked for me.

Did you read description? I remember writing the name of the kext in bluetooth description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back