Graphics
Nvidia GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I've finally gotten my build to sleep, but it won't stay asleep! Upon hitting the power button or selecting sleep in the menu the computer will sleep. However, after about a second asleep the DVD driver fires back up and the computer has woken up. Any thoughts?

Hi.

Don't know if it helps but my experience is this.

I had it working fine until yesterday. What changed?

Yesterday I installed USB3 Nec/Renesas from MultiBeast and Sleep does not work anymore.

Did you install the USB3 Nec/Renessas from MultiBeast?

Hope it helps.

BTW, does any one knows a proper way to uninstall the Nec/Renessas USB3?

You know, I always had it installed. Not sure how to uninstall it–– but I'll give it a try tonight! One thing to look for would be to see of USB3 is enabled or disabled in the BIOS. I'm hopeful this will work!

In order to get sleep working in the first place, what did you do? Any specific ktexts? A DSDT? Thanks!

Sorry but I had my knee operation last week and its hard for me to be on the "Mac".

I didn't do any abnormal installation.

If your Sleep is "working" and it wakes by itself about 1 or 2 seconds latter, then try to remove the "pxhcd.kext" from your S/L/E folder.

I did it today and Sleep works again. But no more usb3 for me now.
As I don't have any usb3 device for now its not an issue for me.

Mind you that my system is a not the same as yours.

Just check if you have that kext and make a backup of it. Then remove it and rebuild caches and repair permissions.

Sorry once again for the delay but I had to stay in bed all this time and could not check it before.

Yep, I removed that kext and rebuilt. Afterwards I still get the same effect using a DSDT from my motherboard... but strangely am able to sleep the system using toosixy's P8P67 Deluxe DSDT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back