Graphics
i3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, I have 10.7.3 installed on my HP 4530s, when my mac goes to sleep or I manually put it to sleep, when I turn it back on the screen is black. I've tried turning up the brightness but that's not the problem.. I used the HP installer and installed the sleep fix, but that did nothing.

I have same problem. I updated to the F.29 BIOS, and restored the settings to default, and installed the Sleep Fix in the HP Installer. But, when my system goes to sleep it won't wake up. I tried tapping the power key, clicking the mouse Fn + Every Key combination, and all I can do is reboot.

I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on my HP 4530 i3 XU015UT.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, but my problem is not that my computer won't go to sleep. It goes to sleep just as scheduled in the energy saver settings. My problem is it when I hit the power button, keyboard or the mouse it will not wake up. I have a Sony Vaio that is dual booting Mountain Lion as well and it sleeps and wakes fine. I tried NullCpuPowerManagemet Kext from Multi-beast but no luck.

For now I just have to live with it. I set the sleep settings to 1 hour.

Same boat here. I've been running this install of Lion for about a year, with really no trouble. About a week or so ago, it stopped being able to wake from sleep. Black screen that is powered up. Power button light steady on. Fan running. Does not respond to anything, and forced reboot required. I've not installed anything, or changed anything. It just suddenly stopped working.

For both of you: I would do a fresh install using the guide and Probook Installer v6. And be sure to patch your own DSDT after...

I have same problem. I updated to the F.29 BIOS, and restored the settings to default, and installed the Sleep Fix in the HP Installer. But, when my system goes to sleep it won't wake up. I tried tapping the power key, clicking the mouse Fn + Every Key combination, and all I can do is reboot.

I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on my HP 4530 i3 XU015UT.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

sleep fix is not applied if your primary storage is hard-drive unless you have solid state drives. may be that is the thing you have messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back