Graphics
Sapphire 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have managed to install mountain lion 10.8.1 and everything seems fine but I cannot get sleep to work. I have updated my bios on asrock z77 pro4-m with a patched bios which I found on the tonymacx86 forum and then I deleted the nullcpu kext from S/L/E but still sleep doesnt work. When i choose sleep the screen turns off but all the fans stay on (because they are connected straight to the psu) and the cpu fan also stays on. When i try turning the computer back on from sleep i do not see a difference from when it was in sleep. There is nothing showing on the screen but the numlock key on the keyboard does turn on. Could it be because i have graphics enabler set to no ? Please help me fix this

Patched BIOS or Patched DSDT? Each DSDT relates to a BIOS version so make sure they match for your board. Also sometimes certain Kexts can cause problems with sleep like the ASUS Z68 boards and USB3 Kext, you can delete it from S/L/E if you installed the USB3 Kext to see if that helps. Try to test it along the way of a fresh install only install 1 kext at a time. Have you tried it with just the Intel4000/3000 Graphics? Your BIOS settings may be the culprit too I know ASUS has different settings than my Gigabyte board as I started with an ASUS but didn't like the back panel so I switched. Sometimes on the ASUS boards you have to put your DVD on SATA port 0 and HDD on 1 and it helps, not sure why but I saw it with my own eyes...

Thanks for replying fast :thumbup:! It is a patched bios. Do I need to create another dsdt since my bios firmware has changed ? I will test it to see it using hd 4000 graphics works and will report back.

Edit -
When I plug the hdmi in the motherboard port I get this message - TS3742_01_KP-001-en.jpg

I have managed to get sleep working so now to computer is actually seems turned off like its meant to be when in sleep and all the fans turn off like it is meant to be. It also wakes up from sleep and all the fans start up but the problem is that there is no video. What should I do ? I used a sleep enabler kext which I found on a forum.

If you changed your BIOS then you need to get a Matching DSDT if these don't match you will have problems no matter what. So once you get that squared away then work on the other problems. I am not at my Ivy Bridge computer right now to test HDMI but I would use DVI and it syncs to all resolutions on my system. So if you run into problems on DVI then you will know that your DSDT is the culprit or just the fact that you are not on a Gigabyte board. Or you could find a working DSDT and flash your BIOS to that revision. The mere fact that Gigabyte worked without a DSDT is why I went with it instead of ASUS. My system board cost $99 and works great. Only 2 Kexts to install Realtek Sound and Atheros Ethernet. No problems so far...

I have already installed a patched bios which I found on the tonymacx forum but I dont think it worked so can you tell me how to patch the kext. Thanks for helping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back