CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm trying to make sleep to correctly work in my hack. Short sleep works fine, but deep sleep usually causes different problems.

One issue I see many times is that while sleeping the screen turns on for less than a minute and then turns off again. In system preferences I only have enabled wake on network. Power Nap is disabled. Other times the system is hung and I have to turn it off from the button, or when I wake it up I find a message that it rebooted.

I've tried all darkwake options, and I've kept darkwake=8 as it seems it has been the best for it, but not perfect.

My setup is H97N-Wifi, using HD4600 and original Broadcom BCM94360CD with mini-PCIe adaptor.

This is the result after running a pmset -g

Code:
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby              1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp                 1
autorestart          0
hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap             0
networkoversleep     0
disksleep            0
sleep                6 (sleep prevented by apsd)
autopoweroffdelay    28800
hibernatemode        3
autopoweroff         1
ttyskeepawake        1
displaysleep         6
standbydelay         10800

I have attached my clover folder (without themes), my config.plist and ioreg.

Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.9 KB · Views: 169
  • edv11 ioreg.ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 96
  • clover.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
Are you using Rehabman's Codec Commander kext for making the audio (after wakeup from sleep) work? If not, download, unzip and put on your desktop. You'll need to install using KextBeast (Downloads) putting it into the /L/E/ folder (choice in KextBeast). Reboot.

Using it can't hurt. Here what I did starting with El Capitan as I stated in my H97N El Capitan Guide:
:ch: To make sleep/wake-up work, go to the Energy Saver pane in the System Preferences and uncheck the "Wake for network access" box. If you're running SSDs, uncheck the "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" box, too.

Using it can't hurt. Here what I did starting with El Capitan as I stated in my H97N El Capitan Guide:

Installed it and it's been a couple days with solid sleep and no reboots.

BUT

Now I have no sound... all the options are there, but no sound is coming out from the speaker. Only Bluetooth sound is working.

I will install and leave it tonight and see results.

I would like to have wake on network enabled, but first I very much prefer to have stable sleep.

Installed it and it's been a couple days with solid sleep and no reboots.

BUT

Now I have no sound... all the options are there, but no sound is coming out from the speaker. Only Bluetooth sound is working.

ACPI isn't patched correctly. Did you get the SSDTs and config from my Github?

Yes, all the patches are from your github. Should I download them again?

Correct. I have updated SSDT-LPC & SSDT-SATA, SSDT-XHC. You're SSDTs are out of date. Attach ioreg once updated SSDTs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back