Contribute
Register

Sleep not working following High Sierra update (Reboots upon wake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the device id you are referring to? Im simply following the guide I linked previously but I can happily remove this.

If you diff your ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml with ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml (disassemble with iasl -dl), you can see the differences and therefore clearly see which patches you applied.

But your image clearly shows the device-id inject I'm referring to.

I am struggling with two errors though, I normally would circumvent this error by renaming GFX0 to IGPU however you are saying to avoid this as I am applying a patch for B0D3 to HDAU and GFX0 and IGPU. Any advice?

Renames are easily accomplished with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
My guide plists have the common renames already present. Please refer to them.

Note: The error you show is the result of incorrect disassembly procedures. Refer to my ACPI patching guide for correct procedures.

SOLVED! I applied all the changes you suggested, still the sam result. I then remembered you mentioning in another post once that the BIOS settings can change USB behaviour, so I set everything to auto or smart auto within my bios and voila! Can wake up the laptop via my USB now, I appreciate al the help you've provided anyways Rehab in properly implementing ACPI patches and what not. Would you recommend that I repatch the DSDT now after dumping it with clover? I think you mentioned somewhere that any and all BIOS changes you should repatch the DSDT.

SOLVED! I applied all the changes you suggested, still the sam result. I then remembered you mentioning in another post once that the BIOS settings can change USB behaviour, so I set everything to auto or smart auto within my bios and voila! Can wake up the laptop via my USB now, I appreciate al the help you've provided anyways Rehab in properly implementing ACPI patches and what not. Would you recommend that I repatch the DSDT now after dumping it with clover? I think you mentioned somewhere that any and all BIOS changes you should repatch the DSDT.

Smart auto/auto/vs. Enabled for xHCI mode really depends on how you're planning to arrange your USB ports (eg. whether you're planning to disable the EHCI and put everything on XHC, or not).

Always a good idea to re-extract/re-patch ACPI with any BIOS change, unless you know how to check for changed SystemMemory addresses.

I shall work on redoing ACPI then, I did notice that in System Report all the USB ports are separated by USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 Hubs and all devices so far come under USB 3.0, I shall be experimenting with what will cause instant wake so I can wake up the laptop from sleep with a USB 2.0 keyboard and mouse without having the instant wake issue.

Cheers again Rehab, you can mark solved!

I shall work on redoing ACPI then, I did notice that in System Report all the USB ports are separated by USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 Hubs and all devices so far come under USB 3.0, I shall be experimenting with what will cause instant wake so I can wake up the laptop from sleep with a USB 2.0 keyboard and mouse without having the instant wake issue.

Cheers again Rehab, you can mark solved!

Also keep in mind you need to configure USB correctly:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back