Zotac 9800GT 1GB Synergy Edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys

I am confusing myslef quite a lot here by reading the various posts on the subject. Is sleep possible in Lion 10.7.2 with my motherboard and BIOS.

It was my understanding that the DSDT I downloaded and installed with MultiBeast included the CMOS reset fix? If so it doesnt seem to be working for me. PC enters sleep mode ok, but on resume the CMOS is wiped. I even tried the AppleRTC fixes that are floating around and these have made no difference.

PLease let me know if anyone has managed this and if so how!

Very grateful

MED

Patch to resolve CMOS reset:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Sleep troubleshooting tips:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165

ijhu said:
Patch to resolve CMOS reset:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Sleep troubleshooting tips:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165

So this is exactly one of the things I have tried without success. I backed up the original file, ran the above command in Terminal and then repaired permissons using MultiBeast. I rebooted and tried to put my PC to sleep. On wake I got the CMOS error. SHould this be working?

ijhu said:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=38278
Search the forum for additional posts.

Hello again. I've read that post and cant see that its suggesting I do anything more that I havent tried. What am I missing?

The only other advice in there is to use the SleepEnabler and NullCPUPowerMangemet kexts, but other posts that I have read suggest I shouldnt need to do this with my dsdt. Also it looks like they open up all sorts of other issues. I notice that tonymac has this exact board (and pretty much the same rest of my configuraion) so I'd hoped the dsdt would contain all I needed for my Hack.

I'd like to persevere with this as its a pain having to shutdown the Mac all the time. Would love any other advice people can give me.

Thanks for all your help so far.

MED

First you have to fix the CMOS reset thing first. Not sure about your case, but many of us in here have patched successfully and we NO LONGER has sleep/wake CMOS reset.

As for SLEEP feature, it is unique in each case and every little thing can affect sleep behavior of one's rig. In my scenario, I've used DSDT and gone through various setting but my system could never SLEEP on its own but manually triggering sleep works. I end up using a little program called "pleasesleep" and it uses energy saving feature to put unit into sleep.

As for DSDT, since you have the same board as Tony, that board's DSDT is probably well edited. It has full explanation of his DSDT and each section of DSDT.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... n-p55.html
Download tonymacx86-DSDT-FIXES.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back