Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi here!

I'm running OSX Lion since 4 weeks now.
But there is still one problem I didn't get solved...
When I put the system in sleep for more the 2/3 hours, the system manually turns on again, but I don't get any screen ... It stays black.
And somethings when I then reboot the system I got 'CMOS' resets ...

My systems is:
GA-X58A-UD3R-V2-FF
I7-950 (NC)
Kingston Hyper-X 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Sapphire HD5870
I followed this topic: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=25450
But didn't installed the 'sleepenabler.kext'

Somebody with the same issues ?

Kind regards!

I´m having a similar problem too, when I put the system to sleep after a time it tries to wake up and then sleeps again.

For the cmos reset, did you try the cmos reset fix in the link you posted?

regards

The CMOS reset is normally fixed by Multibeast,
it installs an edited AppleRTC... That must prevent CMOS resets ...

@ chinaski

Hi Chinaski,

Can you get your Lion to sleep automatically? Or does it only turn off the screen? I have a similar motherboard and I cannot put it into a sleep mode. I can only put my monitor asleep but not the entire system. CPU fan is still running. Do you use "sleepless" or "sleepwatcher"?

For occasional wake-up, if you install chrome, google put a plist with about 1 hr timer to check for update in LaunchAgents . That might be the reason.

Ok, I'm running Chrome.
Is there a way to disable this ?

It is straight forward to disable chrome plist but first you should check what is the reason to wake your system up. You can look into Console and wake reason should be "RTC Alarm" . And if so, go to /Library/LaunchAgents/ and you will see the google plist.

launchctl unload com.google...... ( I forgot the file name.) and after that
sudo mv com.google... com.google..._bk

But in my machine, auto-sleep never works well. So I can't test it well. And I am not 100% sure about it. Maybe you should also uncheck "Wake for network access" in Energy Saver.

It sounds like you have WOL enabled. Go to System Preferences->Energy Saver. Uncheck the box that says Wake for Ethernet network access.

If it is indeed WOL, the reason that it wakes but screen stays dark is because it is only waking up to publish out the services that are available to any other devices on the network (ie. AppleTV, other computers) and then goes back to sleep. That way other devices know what services are available and what the IP address is in order to wake it up.

Re: @ chinaski

schoolsearch09 said:
Hi Chinaski,

Can you get your Lion to sleep automatically? Or does it only turn off the screen? I have a similar motherboard and I cannot put it into a sleep mode. I can only put my monitor asleep but not the entire system. CPU fan is still running. Do you use "sleepless" or "sleepwatcher"?

For occasional wake-up, if you install chrome, google put a plist with about 1 hr timer to check for update in LaunchAgents . That might be the reason.

Autosleep doesn´t work for me, but sleeps works fine now; I was having the same problem as you and I discovered that the problem was the usb cable that goes to my asus monitor, so if you are using a usb hub that could be the reason.

rcork said:
It sounds like you have WOL enabled. Go to System Preferences->Energy Saver. Uncheck the box that says Wake for Ethernet network access.

If it is indeed WOL, the reason that it wakes but screen stays dark is because it is only waking up to publish out the services that are available to any other devices on the network (ie. AppleTV, other computers) and then goes back to sleep. That way other devices know what services are available and what the IP address is in order to wake it up.

I disabled 'Wake for Ethernet network acces' and this did the trick.
Now the system sleeps and wakes normal! I'm happy :)

BerndVP,

I'm SO glad you posted this, I have the EXACT same components as you and have been having the same issue for a very long time. I never tried to disable the wake on LAN because I wanted to be able to wake my computer if need be. However getting the computer to sleep properly is much more valuable to me. I was so tired of coming back to find that the computer wouldn't wake properly and have to force restart it.

I will try this solution and report back. If anybody can figure out a way to keep the "wake for network access" feature turned on but resolve these sleep woes it would be a great help.

I also have the issue where if I have a USB flash drive plugged in the the computer will force eject the drive and wake up right away after trying to go to sleep. Had anybody resolved the USB drive/Sleep issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back