Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X556UA (Clover)
CPU
i7-6500U
Graphics
HD520, 1920x1080
I can't get waking from sleep to work on this laptop (X556UA, i7-6500u). The display wakes up to a black screen for about 30 seconds, after this it sometimes shows the desktop, but nothing works. The cursor can be moved around, and I can scroll some already open apps, but the system time stays still and no new applications can be opened. The only way to revert back is by rebooting.

Attachments

• debug_9728.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
I can't get waking from sleep to work on this laptop (X556UA, i7-6500u). The display wakes up to a black screen for about 30 seconds, after this it sometimes shows the desktop, but nothing works. The cursor can be moved around, and I can scroll some already open apps, but the system time stays still and no new applications can be opened. The only way to revert back is by rebooting.

No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

Sorry, I've added it to the zip manually now.

Attachments

• debug_9729.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
I've moved the kexts and verified that the problem still occurs.

Attachments

• debug_8167.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Your USB configuration appears to be wrong.
For each HSxx port that have UsbConnector=0x0a, there should be 2x SSxx ports that have UsbConnector=0x0a.
But you have 2x HSxx 0x0a, and 2x SSxx 0x0a.

You might also try other ig-platform-id values, or patched EDID.
Read common problems thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-and-workarounds-on-10-14-mojave.255823/

Ah okay, thank you for clearing that up.

I have three external USB ports, HS01/SS01 is a USB A 3 port, HS02 is a USB A 2 port and HS03/HS04/?? is a USB type C port.
I don't have any USB type C 3.0 devices to check with, but I only have 3 SS ports reported in IOReg (with SSDT-UIAC removed of course), and the type C port gives a different HSxx port depending on the orientation.
Is that enough to mean that both/one of SS02/SS03 should both be 0x09? Or is the only way to find out to purchase the required hardware to test?
(Of course, since I don't have any usb type 3 devices I don't need the SS part to work, can I just remove SS02/03 from SSDT-UIAC? or will this cause other issues?)

I don't have any USB type C 3.0 devices to check with, but I only have 3 SS ports reported in IOReg (with SSDT-UIAC removed of course), and the type C port gives a different HSxx port depending on the orientation.

AFAIK, type C connected to a USB2 device will give the same HSxx port regardless of orientation.
I have no such type-C hardware though (with _UPC 10 type), so I may be wrong.
You should verify.

AFAIK, type C connected to a USB2 device will give the same HSxx port regardless of orientation.
I have no such type-C hardware though (with _UPC 10 type), so I may be wrong.
You should verify.

I can verify that the type C port on this laptop, when connected to a USB 2.0 device definitely gives a different HSxx port depending on orientation. See HS03/HS04 in the attached screenshot. (Unless I'm misunderstanding you, sorry if that's the case)

I will try to get some type C 3.0 hardware at some point soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 15.33.38.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 15.33.38.png
    75 KB · Views: 39
I can verify that the type C port on this laptop, when connected to a USB 2.0 device definitely gives a different HSxx port depending on orientation. See HS03/HS04 in the attached screenshot. (Unless I'm misunderstanding you, sorry if that's the case)

Interesting.

I will try to get some type C 3.0 hardware at some point soon.

Seems like you already have it (the phone shown in ioreg).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back