GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

About a month or two ago I decided to give El Capitan a go and did a completely fresh install using Clover. I wasn't have any issues with it until I noticed the sleep on my Windows side was not working anymore (neither was Restart). Basically whenever I would try to put my computer to sleep, the screen would go black but the fans on my tower would continue running.

When 10.11.2 was released, I decided to give it a go and that upgrade was done without a hitch, however now I have sleep issues on the Mac side as well. The computer goes to sleep without a hitch but after a minute or two, the computer comes back on, waits for an input then goes back to sleep again. This is a never ending loop and usually forces me to completely turn off the computer.

I'm currently dual booting from two different HDDs. The Mac is running on a SSD whereas the Windows is running off a regular HDD.
My other specs include an Intel i7 3770K Processor, Geforce GTX 680 OC, 16GB of ram and Gigabyte Z77x - Ud5H.

Another notable issue I'm having right now is sometimes when I restart the computer from Windows to MAC, I get a circle with a line across from it when I try to access the MAC partition through the clover boot window. I then have to restart the computer once or twice and somehow I can get in.

Would really appreciate your help with this guys. I'm stumped. Please let me know if you need any specific logs from me if it makes this process any easier.

Thanks

I decided to upgrade my bios and that seems to have fixed my sleep issues in Windows. However, the sleep problems in El Capitan persists. I ran syslog |grep -i "Wake reason" in terminal and got XHC for the Wake reason. I'm assuming this issue stems from USB, but I'm having a tough time following any instructions on this.

Would seriously appreciate your help with this.

I really appreciate your help. I'll give your suggestions a try and will update as soon as I get home.
Come to think of it, I recently purchased a cheap mouse and keyboard combo off of Aliexpress and an Xbox One controller and I got a feeling one of them may be at fault here. I think I started having these sleep problems around the time I plugged them both in. I'll also test that out.

Thanks again for your help

Hi

I finally sorted out my sleep problem. I think it was caused by a wireless Xbox One controller that I had plugged in for when I'm in Windows.

Thanks for your suggestion anyhow.

Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back