GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So i assumed that because i was using a gigabyte MB with a DSDT file from this site i would not have sleep issues. Should have done my research as this is not the case. I did have to enable 'quickboot' from the bios to enable sleep. otherwise the machine would not wake back up and it would lose bios settings.

So here are my sleep issues.

1. Sometimes when waking from sleep my apple extended usb keyboard is not recognized and must be unplugged and plugged back in.

2. When machine goes to sleep it forcefully ejects the USB HD i have attached to my machine. I get a message upon waking from sleep that this has occurred.

3. When the machine is put to sleep all fans and HDs will spin down. Later the machine will spin back up but the machine will stay asleep with the display off. The machine then wakes up normally when mouse input is detected.

Any help with these issues?
I have made no edits or added any kexts at this point to resolve the sleep issues.

Thanks.

On my Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4 F10b everything works great but sleep.
I have a costume DSDT and I updated from SL to Lion whit no problem. On SL sleep worked OK and now on Lion it resets my bios.

Im using only FakeSMC and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector kexts. And I think that everything else is pached in my DSDT file. I was using SL from 10.6.0 to 10.6.8 and now I updated to lion 10.7.0>10.7.1. Sleep worked great on SL but on Lion I't won't!!!???

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

:banghead:

AppleRTC.kext needs patching to prevent CMOS reset after sleep...

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

D-an-W said:
AppleRTC.kext needs patching to prevent CMOS reset after sleep...

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

OK I'll try it.

I was reading about AppleRTC problem and first I will try with AppleRTC kext from Snow Leopard.

Thanks

I will report how it goes

I replaced AppleRTC kext whit Snow Leopards AppleRTC and now sleep works but my Ethernet doesen't. It wakes up after restart but not after sleep.

I repaired permissions.

And just to let you know my ethernet did not work after update to Lion but I fixed that with Multibeast by installing Realtek 2.0.6 driver for 81xx Ethernet controllers and Ethernet worked great after that, but now it won't wake after sleep (it says no IP address).

First time I managed to get it work in system preferences>network with assistant and it came online but when I got to the net it crashed with killscreen saying it needs a restart.

Now it doesn't crash but I can't wake up Ethernet after sleep.

Any pointers would be great!?

AppleRTC solved my CMOS reset.

Sleep works fine only Ethernet after sleep doesn't but I solved that with Lnx2Mac drivers for my network card (Not sure that it works on Lion to the full potential because speedtest shoved half the speed I usually have but now it shows my full speed)

NotoriusBIG said:
I replaced AppleRTC kext whit Snow Leopards AppleRTC and now sleep works but my Ethernet doesen't. It wakes up after restart but not after sleep.

Why not just patch the AppleRTC.kext from 10.7.1 (Make a backup of course)?

Anyone got results fixing the keyboard, and usb unmounting issues?

It seems that if I wake my machine from sleep using the mouse, the keyboard still works. If I wake it with the keyboard, I need to unplug it and replug it in to get it working.

I also get the disk unmounting when I it goes to sleep. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back