Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,
I'm not sure what to do about this, so I've come here for a little advice. My new build is humming along nicely (well, constantly. ;-) ). Everything else is working fine (Integrated Graphics, Audio, etc.) but I can't get past the Sleep issue. Every time the system goes to sleep it pretty much shuts down, which means it restarts, because Shut Down doesn't work either (Shutting Down acts like a restart). I can get around that though if I need to as I can just press the power switch on the tower. The Sleep issue is a big one though, as I work on this computer all day every day, and I need it to get a rest at night when I'm not working, and I need to be able to pick up where I left off w/ all of the Desktops, Windows and projects I have going on at any given time. That being said, I've tried a number of things and/or settings that were suggested by others that didn't work. I'll list those here, so we can all know what doesn't work...

1 - in my Gigabyte board's BIOS...
• I have Platform Power Management set to "Disabled"
• ErP set to "Enabled" (i don't even know what this is)
(screenshot of all "Power" settings is attached)

2 - A screenshot of my MultiBeast settings made after completion of my MacOS Catalina install are attached

and after all of that I tried this...

3 - In the Clover Configurator, I've tried different combinations of the following checkboxes on the Acpi screen...
Under "Fixes"...
• FixS3D
• FixShutdown
Under that, on the left-hand side of the screen...
• Suspend Override
• SlpSmiAtWake
And on the bottom, left-hand side...
• Patch APIC
• AutoMerge
• DisableASPM

SO - any ideas? suggestions, help, etc. would be greatly appreciated! :)

Attachments

• multibeast.png
    multibeast.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 42
  • bios.png
    bios.png
    964.1 KB · Views: 45
Others have reported that adding EmuVariableUefi.efi to the Clover drivers has a positive impact on this problem.

Others have reported that adding EmuVariableUefi.efi to the Clover drivers has a positive impact on this problem.

Ya know what? - I'll try that again. Problem was when I tried it the first time, it was on the (poor) recommendation from a video on YouTube by "TechTies Ibrahim" that suggested I enable that driver and disable the AptioMemoryFix driver. This caused me all kinds of problems as my system wouldn't even boot without the AptioMemoryFix and I went through a bunch of stuff in the UEFI command line to restore that driver and undo what I had done.

So - word of advice to everyone - don't disable the AptioMemoryFix driver unless you're ready for some problems.

Anyway, PILGRIM - do you suggest using a combination of any of the things mentioned in my original post along w/ activating the EmuVariableUefi driver? - or, just try turning that driver on first and then giving it a whirl? Thanks in advance. :)

do you suggest using a combination of any of the things mentioned in my original post along w/ activating the EmuVariableUefi driver?
FixShutdown.

FixShutdown.

PILGRIM you saved the day!
Those 2 things fixed Sleep AND ShutDown.
Where can I buy you a 6-pack?!

-

SOLVED. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back