Contribute
Register

Sleep Issue - Best practices (DELL T7600)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare X299
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
AMD 9000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm helping a friend with taking his new Dell T7600 Dual 6 Core to the Mac side. So far things work as expected on system of this type (npci=0x3000 for boot and so on and no real support for ALC269Q audio) For Audio, just as easy to use one of the cheap USB audio adapters from Amazon.

System seems fairly stable, the main remaining issue I'm try to pin down is Sleep. If I manually put the system into Sleep, I get no response from the system via keyboard or mouse. I've tried all the USB 2.0 ports on the system and turned the S5, S4 Sleep function off in the Bios. The newer DELL Bios is huge step forward compare to older DELLs but nothing jumps out. It could be The Intel E5 series 6 core processors are the key to the issue.

Any help in best practices on learning more about Sleep issues would be helpful . I did look for info on the various guides but noting that seemed helpful.

thanks in advance.

Hi partner am using dell t7500 with one processor only hex core & Evga Gtx 660 all is working fine except sleeping and stuck on 10.8.4 for the graphics update contains some freezes and not fully cl support for adobe

my only question is :
could i run dual processor ?!

is it possible
and if it is which boot flag could handle this issue?!

Best Regards From EGYPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back