Contribute
Register

Sleep is working, wake causes black screen (H67, i5 2300, HD5870, ML)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX Vega 64
[FIXED] Sleep is working, wake causes black screen (H67, i5 2300, HD5870, ML)

Hi guys,

As the title says, I can get my system to go to sleep (all fans stop spinning, hard drive spins down), and when I hit a key on my keyboard the whole computer springs back to life (e.g. the fans and hdd start spinning again). However, my screen still remains black. I've tried both darkwake settings in Chimera, but it didn't work. Anyone got another solution I might try?

System specs:
Intel Core i5 2300 Sandy Bridge
ASUS P8H67-M PRO
Gigabyte HD 5870 1GB
Corsair 8GB RAM

did you use nullcpu, or easybeast?

I did use NullCPU beforehand, and it resulted in the system not even wanting to go to sleep. The display went black, but the fans kept on spinning. Now I'm running AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement which I downloaded from these forums, and I manually deleted NullCPU.

which bios version are you on?

BIOS version is 3603, the latest from the website. I must say that my motherboard isn't a regular P8H67-M PRO, it's the one which came with the ASUS V7-P8H67V barebone PC, which is basically the same as the regular M PRO, but it has it's own BIOS from the ASUS website.

have a look at
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/50036-beta-asus-sandy-bridge-sleep-wake-fix.html

its possible that you will need to do the dsdt edit mentioned in that thread, although i believe that is only relevant to the older 0-2xxx bioses, not the 3xxx bios you have.

make sure Advanced/CPU Configuration/Execute Disable Bit/Enabled
is set in the bios

i did also help a user recently where his screen would be black after wake (using a 3xxx bios like you).
the fix was that system was to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, which fixed wake from sleep, and indicated that the issue was the wrong framebuffer was loaded with ge=no.

so make sure that option is enabled in the bios, then try ge=no first, if that doesnt help try the dsdt edit

Nevermind I fixed it on my own! I made a new DSDT file (as didn't make a new one yet when I upgraded my GPU) and that did it. But thanks for your quick replies! I'm really starting to like this forum ^^

It was fixed because I used IACPM.kext instead of NullCPU. However, NullCPU give me more CPU power, as the multiplier stays at x16 using IACPM and goes to x28 with NullCPU. So, I've reinstalled NullCPU and now the problem is present again....

Also, I tried GE=no, didn't work.

[FIXED] Sleep is working, wake causes black screen (H67, i5 2300, HD5870, ML)

OK, so thanks to a freshly created SSDT I got my CPU back up to speed, even faster because it can now run an x29 instead of x28, which increases my Geekbench score by 400 points! This was done by ticking the SSDT Core i5 box in MB 5.0.2. Even though my i5 2300 is the lowest-end i5 Sandy Bridge, adding the SSDT helped out a lot! Anyway, this way I got AICPM.kext working again, and the fixing of the black screen was not adding GE=NO, but by adding AtiConfig=Uakari to SMBIOS.plist! So for anyone who's having a black screen on wake, try adding your correct AtiConfig to SMBIOS.plist, try using Chameleon Wizard for easy editing. I just happenend to know that Uakari is the correct one for the HD5870, I'm not sure where one can find others, but this might help you on your way!

EDIT: Also, GE=yes is vital for booting ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back