Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z97x Gaming 7
CPU
Intel i7-4790k
Graphics
AMD R9 380
I'm having a heck of time trying to research the correct way to get sleep going on a hackintosh. I have an older rig, born from the core 2 duo days. My bios supports several different sleep profiles and I've upgraded to a quad core Xeon X3360.

When I attempt to put the computer to sleep, my fans spin up (they usually run pretty quiet, I guess this is the system letting go of the fan control), my monitors go on standby and the lights on my keyboard & mouse go out. I'm not sure if the system is actually sleeping here.

When I click a mouse button to try and bring it back, the light on my mouse will turn on but nothing else will happen, nothing happens when I press the power button on the tower either and I'll have to hit the reset button.

Any tips/advice/places to look you could offer would be great. Researching "sleep" on this board is a bit overwhelming.

Thanks

I tried the new version of sleepenabler.kext for 10.7.3 but no joy, I got a kernel panic in AppleIntelCPU Power Management

I've gone over that thread in it's entirety and even threw up a post, it seems the focus is on Gigabyte MBs and work on a new DSDT patch for them. I tried a few other listed techniques in there, to no aval. When I go to the apple menu and choose sleep, the fans spin up, the monitors, keyboard & moue turn off and I can't wake the system back up with either the power button or by pressing the mouse.

I have in the meantime created my own DSDT and removed the default Mutlibeast kexts, even tried the 10.7.3 SleepEnabler.kext again but a KP in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Though, since the DSDT was added to my system it does properly shut down (where it used to just reboot), so I feel like I'm that much closer. It makes me wonder if the DSDT patch for my mobo is complete, but I don't know how to figure that out.

Any tips?

Going Bald said:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165

Yes! with mountain Lion

I have the same board as you and a GT 240
I have NEVER been able to get anywhere close to sleep untin I installed Mountain Lion

You will need the latest 10.7.xxx-10.8 SleepEWnabler.xext in E/E
and nullopcpowermanagement in S/L/E and that should do it for you!

a DSDT patch tor this nasty ALC888VC I cannot find anywhere...driving me nuts! seems to be the only mobo in existence with this VC!!!

I TOTALLY AGREE This entire forum is devoted almost entirely to Gigabyte and ASUS fanboys and the rest of us basically get ignored... not nice! Should change the name to tonysGIGABYTEhacks or similar..... not helpful at all in web searches to get constantly drawn here in the hope that someone might be able to help you. Isn't hackintosh about Intel PC boards after all...... and Intel Intel boards don't even get a look in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back