Motherboard
HP ProBook 4740s (Clover)
CPU
i5-3210M/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I installed Yosemite. Laptop goes into sleep and independently and through key combination in the BIOS all you need is off. But there is a problem: when the evening transfer laptop to sleep (or he goes to sleep on their own) - per night nout maybe two or three times (maybe more) to wake up at 20 seconds and again fall asleep. DSDT use of the Mavericks, the patch through MasiaSL from this forum. On the Mavericks had no such problems. Terminal says that no background processes do not interfere with sleep. Why is this and how to fix it?

I installed Yosemite. Laptop goes into sleep and independently and through key combination in the BIOS all you need is off. But there is a problem: when the evening transfer laptop to sleep (or he goes to sleep on their own) - per night nout maybe two or three times (maybe more) to wake up at 20 seconds and again fall asleep. DSDT use of the Mavericks, the patch through MasiaSL from this forum. On the Mavericks had no such problems. Terminal says that no background processes do not interfere with sleep. Why is this and how to fix it?

This is normal. You can disable it with Clover installer's "Optional RC scripts -> disable sleep proxy client", which if you read the description "Disable the mDNSResponder sleep proxy client service. This will prevent the system waking from sleep every hours"

This is normal. You can disable it with Clover installer's "Optional RC scripts -> disable sleep proxy client", which if you read the description "Disable the mDNSResponder sleep proxy client service. This will prevent the system waking from sleep every hours"

Thank you! Seen this option in Clover, but the Mavericks were unnecessarily such bug was not, so somehow forgot about it. At Yosemite took looks :) Thanks again.

I was having the same issue with the below system. System would go to sleep for a split second then restart into an eternal dark-screen that required a re-boot. After lots of troubleshooting, it came down to an easy fix..... In your Gigabyte BIOS (Version F7 for me), make the following changes:

Peripherals; Intel Rapid Start Technology = Disabled
Power Management; Wake on Lan = Disabled <---This was the key for me!

Effected System that would not Sleep in Yosemite:
OSX10.10.1
Multibest 7.1.1

• Intel i7-4770K processor - 3.5GHz
  • Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-3DH mATX
  • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical low profile DDR3 1600MHz memory - 2x8GB
  • Cooler Master Seidon 120M liquid CPU cooler
  • Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
  • EVGA GTX 650Ti BOOST 2GB
  • Silverstone Strider 650W PSU
  • Silverstone SOD02 8x Slot-load DVD +/-R DVD
  • Silverstone Tek FT03 Aluminum

Hope it helps you!

I was having the same issue with the below system. System would go to sleep for a split second then restart into an eternal dark-screen that required a re-boot.

Not the same issue.

After lots of troubleshooting, it came down to an easy fix..... In your Gigabyte BIOS (Version F7 for me), make the following changes:

Peripherals; Intel Rapid Start Technology = Disabled
Power Management; Wake on Lan = Disabled <---This was the key for me!

Effected System that would not Sleep in Yosemite:
OSX10.10.1
Multibest 7.1.1

• Intel i7-4770K processor - 3.5GHz
  • Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-3DH mATX
  • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical low profile DDR3 1600MHz memory - 2x8GB
  • Cooler Master Seidon 120M liquid CPU cooler
  • Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
  • EVGA GTX 650Ti BOOST 2GB
  • Silverstone Strider 650W PSU
  • Silverstone SOD02 8x Slot-load DVD +/-R DVD
  • Silverstone Tek FT03 Aluminum

Hope it helps you!

This forum is for HP ProBook laptops only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back