RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Code:
Toms-iMac:~ tomhsiung$ pmset -g log | grep -i failure
2018-08-17 01:41:38 +0800 Failure                 Sleep Failure [code:0xFFFFFFFF0000001F]:                                                
2018-08-17 01:45:11 +0800 Failure                 Sleep Failure [code:0xFFFFFFFF0000001F]:                                                
2018-08-17 01:49:06 +0800 Failure                 Sleep Failure [code:0xFFFFFFFF0000001F]:

It never happens in 10.13.6

It happens in Mojave public beta, while I woke my custom Mac, it failed.

This issue was temporarily fixed by the following command:

Code:
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

I remember that High Sierra 10.13.1, 10.13.2 also had this same issue and temporarily fixed by the same method. However, this issue resolved after Apple upgraded High Sierra later, so you did not need to set the autopoweroff to 0 by pmset.

Tom

This issue was temporarily fixed by the following command:

Code:
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

I remember that High Sierra 10.13.1, 10.13.2 also had this same issue and temporarily fixed by the same method. However, this issue resolved after Apple upgraded High Sierra later, so you did not need to set the autopoweroff to 0 by pmset.

Tom
The autopoweroff terminal command did not resolve my issue of wake after sleep with RX 580 on the latest Mojave Public Beta. (Entering KP on wake with black screen.) It was however working on the first betas of Mojave.
Any suggestions? Can I please get a look at your pmset -g ?

I downgraded to 10.14 Beta (18A326g) in the meantime. Sleep is fine at this point.

Last edited:
I retrograde to 10.14 Beta (18A326g) in the meantime. Sleep is fine at this point.

@Ellybz I have the same motherboard but cannot get sleep working, would love to know your bios settings!

I did a lot of research and try every possible scenarios ( incl SSDTs, Bios, kexts change/upgrade, SMBIOS change ) to make sleep work on 10.14 Mojave w RX580 /X299 . Still cannot make it work after Mojave beta ( 18A326g ). Resulting w Kp on wake. Temporary fix is to only put displays to sleep ( functional ) or downgrade to 10.14 beta 18A326g. If somebody has the solution, please post your solution/ EFI. Thanks.
@taylorsyn - As far as I'm concerned , I'm not aware of a web driver solution for NVIDIA GPU w Mojave.

I also tried out the final version of mojave and have the same issue. Setting displays to sleep works fine but telling the system to sleep takes the system to sleep, but waking results in a panic an reboot. I also had this problem with El Capitan, which is my current working platform. (10.11.6)
I encountered this problem there too and wanted to try out the update. This problem with 10.14 and 10.11.6 did first occur to me, after I inserted a wifi/BT card into the PCIE Slot. It is an Azure Wave Card. I will try an remove the card to see, if 10.14 sleeps ok without it.

I also tried out the final version of mojave and have the same issue. Setting displays to sleep works fine but telling the system to sleep takes the system to sleep, but waking results in a panic an reboot. I also had this problem with El Capitan, which is my current working platform. (10.11.6)
I encountered this problem there too and wanted to try out the update. This problem with 10.14 and 10.11.6 did first occur to me, after I inserted a wifi/BT card into the PCIE Slot. It is an Azure Wave Card. I will try an remove the card to see, if 10.14 sleeps ok without it.
I already tried all these options with no success. However High Sierra was working fine ( up to 10.13.5 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back