Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I have used Kextutility to install SleepEnabler.kext into S/L/E. (My system is non-DSDT as no one seems to have one for my board)

Since doing so, the system DOES "sleep" when told, however, not as I expected: Everyone on here is describing a sleep to RAM where the system nearly instantly goes down and nearly instantly wakes up.

My system is going to sleep, but will not wake by keyboard or mouse. I must press the power button, and then when it starts up it is like a wake from hibernate in Windows: It goes through the BIOS, to chameleon, and then loads up the kernel as if it were in safe sleep on a real mac. (the little line of vertical bars on the bottom of a greyed out screen) It's faster than a full reboot, but not by more than 10 or 15 seconds.

Once awake, my apple keyboard works, but my mouse does not. (I gather this may just be a need to run the USB rollback). Could this also be whyI can't wake from sleep by keyboard too though, even though it does work after waking?

My understanding is that it was possible to have a sleep to ram where the system powers on right into the fully booted OS. Is this not possible without DSDT?

I have the pmVersion=21 string added to the com.apple.boot.plist in E/E. Does the sleep kext need to be there too instead of S/L/E?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just copy SleepEnabler.kext from /S/L/E into /E/E and then delete it from /S/L/E. After that run Kext Utility (doubleclick) and then Disk Utility to repair the permissions on the OSX HD. Now run Terminal and type

• sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
    sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

Then jump into System Preferences->Energy Saving and 1st click the button to restore defaults and then set it like in my screenshot (the timesliders are just for example). A warning message might appear if the timeout for the screensaver is higher than the sleep timeout for your monitor. I've set my Screensaver to "never"

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-01 um 19.02.24.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-01 um 19.02.24.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 316
I am ona fresh vanilla install. Can I do the terminal commands you gave to get sleep (S3) to work on mine? I'd be so happy just to have Hibernate (S4) like the other guy seams to have working. If I get hibernate to work and I have to use iBoot CD to load will this be a problem resuming from S4 (hibernate). I have BIOS set to S3 only but if I tick S3 in Mac it enters what feels like S1 but I can't wake up. I have to do a hard power off and restart.

I'm using vanilla 10.6.6 with no MultiBeast yet.

Tosh

wingc3...did you ever get that resolved with what karacho suggested? I have a similar issue, mine does not wake up properly after kextbeast installed sleepenabler 10.6.6.

I'm not sure what else to very, maybe something in the smbios list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back