Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z270N-WIFI
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
So I did a fresh install of High Sierra on my system. After going through the setup, running MultiBeast, etc. I started installing my usual programs(Lightroom, Photoshop, etc). While these were installing, my system went to sleep, and crashed. When I walked back in the room I tried to wake it to no avail, I hit the power button and nothing happened. After holding the power switch down to get the system to start, I get a message that my cmos was reset along with my bios settings. I was using darkwake0 when booting High Sierra. Any ideas? I’m going to try a fresh install again tomorrow afternoon.

So I did a fresh install of High Sierra on my system. After going through the setup, running MultiBeast, etc. I started installing my usual programs(Lightroom, Photoshop, etc). While these were installing, my system went to sleep, and crashed. When I walked back in the room I tried to wake it to no avail, I hit the power button and nothing happened. After holding the power switch down to get the system to start, I get a message that my cmos was reset along with my bios settings. I was using darkwake0 when booting High Sierra. Any ideas? I’m going to try a fresh install again tomorrow afternoon.
tl;dr, a fresh install wouldn't be much helpful for debugging sleep issues.
Sleeping is tricky, which needs some time to be figured out.
Do you already have proper power management?
You need native power management for sleep to function well.
Also, you may take a look at the sleep log by the pmset command.
To obtain it:
Code:
pmset -g log|grep -e " Sleep " -e " Wake " -e " DarkWake "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back