Contribute
Register

Sleep by lid close & Wake by lid openening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your BIOS up-to-date?
No need to use the signature. Place all details in the three profile fields as per FAQ. Your profile is missing important details. Read the FAQ carefully.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thanks so much!!! I found the answer you gave on page 72 of the Guide. The issue was my Voodoo controller kext was out of date. The updated version is installed and working beautifully. Happy New Year!!!!!

On a side note after updating Voodoo Controller and other kexts and re-patching DSDT, my system began to randomly crash and restart. To add to that upon restart my boot and recovery partitions were missing from Clover. After digging around online I found my answer. It turns out there was an option added to the config_4x30s.plist to disable VBOX_Hfs drivers which is a disaster since I'm using El Capitan with HFS formatted drives. Once I deleted that Drivers entry from the plist I was back up and running. Unfortunately I was still getting the crashes so I rolled back to my old EFI folder and kexts from my pre update. I decided to keep the updated VoodooController and everything seems stable again including the lid sleep /wake fix. Whew! What a rollercoaster beginning to 2018!

option added to the config_4x30s.plist to disable VBOX_Hfs drivers which is a disaster since I'm using El Capitan with HFS formatted drives.

The guide calls for HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI.
Clearly, you forgot it.

Once I deleted that Drivers entry from the plist I was back up and running. Unfortunately I was still getting the crashes so I rolled back to my old EFI folder and kexts from my pre update.

You probably failed to update ACPI/patched (with install_acpi.sh) to match the new config.plist.

OK! 100% success ! no more hangs after sleep. Wakes up immediately.
On my HP Elite x2 1012 G1 I have in SSDT3 H_EC !!
I have updated my BIOS to version 1.24.
There is updated patch for battery for DSDT (Thanks RehabMan).
Maybe Jhax01 missed this in his guide for OS X on HP Elite x2 1012 G1 or maybe my config is different and I have H_EC.
I had to convert every DSDT and SSDT H_EC -> EC and as done before EC0->EC. (my smbios is MacBook9,1, don't have a USBX, system in IOReg showed EC0). I missed H_EC... Now I am fine, it is EC.

Updated drivers for VoodooI2C ver 2.0.1. Touch Screen works 100% after wake. Sometimes after wake there is a problem with side button for volume control and keyboard key for volume and trapped -> not responding, I have to detach the keyboard and connect again to work. Only sometimes. I think some problem with keyboard and mouse kext, and Elan driver problem. Have to test other kexts. No problem.

To install new voodooI2C read carefully instruction on download page. Sometimes You have to attach patch for DSDT and GPIO. In my case was not necessary. 100% works. New drivers are amazing. 3 fingers and touch are very sensitive. On screen keyboard reacts as on iPad !!! PERFECT. Double Click on icon is better !! You can set double tap speed in prefs and voodooi2c respects that.

And now voodooI2C works with UPDD from TouchBase !!!
Need version 6 of UPDD drivers. Follow instructions on voodooI2C section UPDD. You have to create virtual controller.
After that You have to run in background a bridge between I2C and UPDD.
I attach few files. One of them is my automator application to run I2C-UPDD bridge. Put that app in Application folder. Add to login items in prefs to start at login.

And I upload here my new app. Remake of TouchBarServer. It is not finished yet. Copy to App folder. Also install KeyUp in Application folder. I added my own keys to touchbar. In center is Apple touchbar. To left is a key to hide touchbar (not implemented yet), on screen keyboard toggle button, cmd-q key and cmd-h key. On right side will be simulator of double left click of mouse and one right click (not implemented yet).
Put Dock to side and enjoy my app :)
Monosnap 2018-01-28 11-59-37.png

Attachments

• voodooI2C-UPDD-client.app.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
  • TouchBarServer.app.zip
    155.3 KB · Views: 93
Oh one more thing. Click once left on TouchBarServer menubar icon to toggle show hide of TouchBar ;)
Needed for movie watching and presentations/slide shows.
I am going to implement additional toggle button (lower left arrow). Menu bar icon will toggle all touchbar. Narrow button will hide touch bar and only narrow button will be seen on screen.
So we receive two types of show/hide. One is total, second is partial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back