Contribute
Register

Sleep by lid close & Wake by lid openening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone make any progress?

Hello guys !

Jhax01, are You working under HP Elite X2 ?
If yes, me too. I did everything exactly as You prescribed in tutorial. DSDT, SSDT and everything. I am a advanced programmer and advanced to hackintosh.
I am on 10.12.6.
I have same problem as in this thread. Jhax01 said in tutorial don't use voodoPS2.
I used before ACPIKeyboard and AppleSmartTouchPad. When clicked Apple-> sleep and after that closed lid, many often voodooI2C touch screen stopped working. But only sometimes system hanged. BUT NEVER without removable keyboard. Problems only with lid and keyboard/touchpad connected.
I moved to voodooPS2 going to discover why I have no sound. Long story, just nvram.plist removing and holding power button resolved a problem. Mouse works better with voodooPS2, but system hangs ALWAYS with lid opening...

Just for Jhax01:
I have all kexts in EFI/CLOVER, only voodooI2C is in S/L/E. Only this way I do not have kernel panic with voodooI2C. I had it 3 trie of boot, after 4th time or sometimes 5th time was able to boot into system :( I discovered that removing nvram.plist from EFI and immediately force to shutdown by holding power button resolved a problem. After that had to boot into system and shut down normally to generate proper nvram.plist (this is why You said in tutorial that only first boot gives a KP with I2C).

Ok, back to topic...
I have recreated DSDT and SSDT with refs from Jhax01 tutorial and this time manually with Rehabman repo following Jhax01 tutorial. Same problem. Added Fix Wak, AppleALC and Lilu and EnableLidWake. Nothing helped. Hangs ALWAYS ONLY on lid CLOSED. All day tests.
Now I am going to come back to old PS2 (no voodoo), and try again. In touch.

For Jhax01:
Maybe we combine our forces and create good tutorial for Sierra on Hp Elite X2??
Double Click works in 10.12.6, but have to double click very CLOSE to screen and very fast. Even don't "disconnect" Your finger from screen.
Hands off FULLY WORKING !! Only no sound on my side when cell calling. FaceTime and audio works too.
LTE 4G works perfectly with Huawei driver and card replacing (not newest drivers, they didn't work. I can upload for Your request). Real one I sold 3 times better money then I spent for Gobi :D great business.
HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Module:
ID produktu: 0x581d
ID producenta: 0x03f0 (Hewlett Packard)

I recomment Mitsu USB-C power adapter 12V for HP Elite X2. 65W ! On original 45W from HP when battery is 100%, GPU has no power and makes artefacts and lack of speed... on 65W GPU is stable.
Can't use Your SSDT_UIAC, no all devices found. My pure IOReg is exactly as Your UIAC.
Any progres on voodooI2C? Original voodooI2C has no gestures. I have bought a Acer Touch 27" to my desktop and used UPDD driver (100$ oh god, but they did a fantastic work, I have version 6, unofficial, directly from their developer, thanks to him), and it is AMAZING !! Better than voodooI2C gestures from Your mod. I have found a source of kext which is a (as I think) a bridge between pure voodooI2C and UPDD. Have You tried it, compiled?
And have sometimes bluetooth problems. I have DW1560 from eBay.com (china, but in Poland or any country it was unavailable). Every thing works. Bluetooth only sometimes hang, AFTER LID PROBLEM specially, but only AFTER reboot when system hangs... So have to rebuild permissions and caches, and bluetooth is back to work.

Assuming my elaborate, let me try back again no voodoo PS2 method.

PS. If You have touch screen Hackintosh, try Touch Bar Simulator.app (google). PERFECT on tablets with Mac. Today tested many touch bar like apps, ex. TouchBarServer and etc, but TouchBarSimulator is the best, because You can put it bottom to the screen, put dock to left or right. Better then MacBookPRO !! :D

Last edited:
Ok then.
Stable.
Bluetooth and I2C touch working after lid open (Yes, I waited 20 secs, LED flashed white to orange on my HP Elite X2 when sleep began).
Volumes keys now are working on side of my HP. They didn't when I patched DSDT and SSDT with already prepared patches by Jhax01. Manualy patching by Rehabman repo helped.

Disabled in config.plist EC0 to EC change (Jhax01 also attached this patch into already paching script and into config.plist).
No more I2C problem after wakeup - but I will observe.

All kexts in EFI/CLOVER, only voodooI2C in SLE and (forgot in last post) BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRAM2 both in SLE, if not, BT is not connecting (nothing important in this topic).

IntelBacklight fixed only by SSDT and config.plist from Jhax01. No kext needed.

Kexts used (THE NEWEST, latest released):
ACPIBatteryManager
ACPIKeyboard
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad
AppleALC + Lilu (must be with newest AppleALC)
EnableLidWake.kext

BrcmFirwareRepo in SLE
BrcmPatchRAM2 in SLE
FakePCIID_Broadcom
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
SATA-100-unsupported
USBInjectAll
VooDooI2C (in SLE for touch screen only)

DSDT (from Rehab repo):
HPET fix
IRQ fix
RTC fix
SMBUS fix
SkyLake LPC
Fix Wak v1 (but try all 3, if one day I will see that problem is not solved, I will try upgrading system or using patches DSDT "Poll for LID with ACPIPoller.kext and/or Remove _PRW from LID)
OS Check Fix (Windows 8)

In the patch window, replace 2012 with 2015 in both places. The HP Elite is a Windows 10 machine. Rename GFX0 to IGPU

USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)
This isn’t strictly necessary, but advisable

Brightness Fix
Shutdown Fix
HP Elite X2 battery (added to Rehabman’s repo by Jhax01)
In ACPIKeyboard, use the patch for adding the RMKB device
Next, you will need to develop your own patch or manually makes these changes

In RP15 change Store (PNLF, LNSL) to Store (\PNLF, LNSL) Insert the following line into the TPL0 device

Name (_ADR, Zero) Change the HECI device to IMEI

SSDT 0-8, 17
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT 16
In the Definition Block add the following

External (RMKB, DeviceObj)

Rename GFX0 to IGPU
For the volume keys to function, in Method _Q30 ONLY

Search for VBPS, 0x02 and add the following after the if statement bracket Notify (\RMKB, 0x1148)
Notify (\RMKB, 0x1248)

Search for VBPS, 0x03 and add the following after the if statement bracket Notify (\RMKB, 0x1149)
Notify (\RMKB, 0x1249)

HOPE I HELPED.
Let me know please.
Best regards.
In touch.
Jhax01 I wait for results with I2C and UPDD

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.5 KB · Views: 229
And bad news... :( I tried another time. Hanged with color rainbow. No Bt connection, nothing.
Of course even above, lid opening doesn't wake. But didn't hang until this time.
Maybe without keyboard/trackpad attached I was lucky and no hangs were seen after DSDT repaching and kexts changes from jhax01 original tutorial to my mod. So my conclusion is, that voodooPS2 makes hangs EVERY sleep.
ACPIKeyboard and SmartTrack, sometimes only. You can live with it, but this makes me stressed every time I wake my hack from sleep...

So the real problem must be in the system itself, Clover or maybe some kexts.
Are we in same place as we were before, hmm? :) Maybe my test makes Your focus on real problem.

Last edited:
@su_inmortalidad and @hkfan45 No progress at the moment... My time has been focused on the VoodooI2C rewrite. After all that's done, then I'll try to take a look again.

@su_inmortalidad -- I no longer have the G1 Elite X2 so I'm not able to recreate any of the problems you experienced. The tutorials I wrote were very specific to each BIOS version so that may be some of your issues. Also, it seems that HP likes to make changes to the way the volume buttons operate between versions. You are better off working on trying to hot patch vs static patch anyway, much more stable for me on the G2 Elite. And nice to hear that you have found a working LTE card / driver -- you should definitely add that information to the Elite thread. The version of VoodooI2C you are using is essentially a proof of concept, when the rewrite is released you will have a much more stable option. I currently use UPDD with the rewrite on the Elite and it works really well. Just bear in mind that the version of UPDD you have currently licensed may not work if it is too old -- you must have the capability to enumerate a generic virtual interface since, by itself, the Elite does not have any compatible USB hardware.

@jhax01 could You share with me Your current rewrite of I2C with UPDD version ? I would like to try it out.
I have bought the best version of G1 due to the tutorial and sold my MacBook Air :( And now I can see on Youtube a G2 version working even better ! :D oh :(
Please let me try Your current I2C with UPDD. Then we can update the tutorial for G1.

Second question, how to customize DSDT for different BIOS? I have a BIOS version from tutorial for G1 on Sierra. But maybe there are any changes. Have to use ACPIDebug and see its logs?

@jhax01 could You share with me Your current rewrite of I2C with UPDD version ? I would like to try it out.
I have bought the best version of G1 due to the tutorial and sold my MacBook Air :( And now I can see on Youtube a G2 version working even better ! :D oh :(
Please let me try Your current I2C with UPDD. Then we can update the tutorial for G1.

Second question, how to customize DSDT for different BIOS? I have a BIOS version from tutorial for G1 on Sierra. But maybe there are any changes. Have to use ACPIDebug and see its logs?

If you are on the same BIOS as the tutorial, then you should be fine. As for VoodooI2C, I'm only a contributor, it's not for me to release so you'll have to have some patience.

Looks like this issue is more widespread than just Skylake hardware. I bought a 820 g2 (broadwell w/ hd 5500) off eBay for cheap assuming the lid sleep issue was limited to skylake. Nope. Exact same issue. Sleeps by apple menu but will only sleep via lid after 2nd try. Very aggravating. It has a completely different bios as well so its not that. Must be bug in Voodoops2.

Looks like this issue is more widespread than just Skylake hardware. I bought a 820 g2 (broadwell w/ hd 5500) off eBay for cheap assuming the lid sleep issue was limited to skylake. Nope. Exact same issue. Sleeps by apple menu but will only sleep via lid after 2nd try. Very aggravating. It has a completely different bios as well so its not that. Must be bug in Voodoops2.

I have asked for those with the hardware to do various experiments.
No one has done it.

I have asked for those with the hardware to do various experiments.
No one has done it.

I'd consider sending someone my elitebook if it meant coming up with a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back