Contribute
Register

Sleep by lid close & Wake by lid openening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep with attached monitor works by using the menu or the power button.

Code:
Andis-MBP:~ andi$ pmset -g assertions
2017-01-23 21:34:06 +0100
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   1
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
Listed by owning process:
   pid 100(hidd): [0x0000001a00098088] 00:21:21 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294969522.17"
    Timeout will fire in 295 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
   pid 188(mds_stores): [0x0000050b000b8164] 00:00:00 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.metadata.mds_stores.power"
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
   id=502  level=255 0x4=USB mod=01.01.70, 01:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14300000 owner=USB Receiver
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler
Andis-MBP:~ andi$

If you had an external monitor connected, sleep may be prevented.
Also check for assertions:
Code:
pmset -g assertions
Just tried it again. Nothing attached. Wait. Nothing. No sleep. I've poked slightly under the lid, but the power button doesn't blink...

Just tried it again. Nothing attached. Wait. Nothing. No sleep. I've poked slightly under the lid, but the power button doesn't blink...

Attach "Problem Reporting" files that represent the exact state you're trying to sleep via lid.

The same files, I've attached on Post 3 already?

Those files show no external monitor connected... so assuming you're testing in that exact scenario, I don't see any problems.
Maybe your _LID method is not working or maybe you have something disabled in BIOS that you shouldn't.
You should check BIOS or debug your _LID method with ACPIDebug.kext.

OK, done.
System is "asleep".

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    754.7 KB · Views: 129
OK, done.
System is "asleep".

I don't know what the purpose of these files is.
The ioreg shows an external monitor connected.
Brightness is zero, and there is no internal display detected.
And, of course, you cannot expect to capture ioreg while the system is sleeping (this is likely a capture with the lid closed).

I don't know what the purpose of these files is.
The ioreg shows an external monitor connected.
Brightness is zero, and there is no internal display detected.
And, of course, you cannot expect to capture ioreg while the system is sleeping (this is likely a capture with the lid closed).

And that's exactly is the case. The system wants to sleep, but all it does is to dim the lights and shut down the internal display. The rest works flawless

Btw. I've checked the bios. Wake by lid open and "runtime power management" is activated.

And that's exactly is the case. The system wants to sleep, but all it does is to dim the lights and shut down the internal display. The rest works flawless

Sleep is likely prevented when an external monitor is connected.

Sleep is likely prevented when an external monitor is connected.

I fully understand this. BUT it goes into sleep even when the monitor is attached by using the menu or the power button. As it should. But even no monitor is attached, the lid sleep doesn't work as stated already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back