Contribute
Register

Sleep and wake, no problem. Sleep, wait, then wake? Kernal Panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC7
CPU
i3
Graphics
Intel HD 620 Integrated Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So my Hack ran great, few issues, wonderful system for about a year. Then I just recently decided to move to an eGPU setup on my laptop, and give the Hack (minus graphics card) to a coworker.

Okay, great. Erased the SATA3 SSD, installed High Sierra, and set up clover. No clear problems. Got Recovery bootable. A few hiccups, but no big deal. Erased the NVME drive and installed Windows 10. Also no problem!

However, as I'm getting ready to actually give him the computer, I've encounter a significant problem. When the computer first goes to sleep, the blue power light stays on solid, though the monitor is off. If I try to wake from sleepy everything works great.

After the computer has been asleep for awhile, the blue power light switches to flashing blue. At this point if I try to wake from sleep, the light turns solid blue, but nothing on the monitor. I have to power down the computer and power it back up, at which point macOS give me the message the comes after a kernel panic.

As far as I know everything is configured the same as before! I can't figure out anything that's different, so I have no idea how to solve it. I tried darkwake=0, but that didn't matter. I tried updating clover and kexts, but that didn't matter either. Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup are installed (as it's using the Skylake HD graphics). I have a feeling I'm missing something, as the power button light changing to flashing has to mean something, but I have no idea what.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. I found a few things there I will try. Confusing, as I was previously using the same HD530 graphics in macOS and never had any issue, without having applied any of those solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back