Contribute
Register

Sleep and Bluetooth woes (Probook 6570b)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Precision M4800-Clover
CPU
i7-4810MQ/QM87
Graphics
Quadro K2100M - 3200x1800
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So... long story short.

I have a 99% working hackintosh on 10.12.1, by following the great instructions and tools from racerrehabman's guide.

I only have 2 issues:

First issue is, whenever I reboot from Windows 10 to Hackintosh or vice versa, my Bluetooth mouse stops working. It only works after I put the mouse in discovery mode again, and it appears in the bluetooth devices (of either OS) and then I have to repair it again. Thing is, it appears as a NEW mouse with a different bluetooth ID (last digits) than the previous paired one. So, If I boot 5 times each OS I'll have 5 "Bluetooth Mouse 4000" on each OS's Bluetooth Settings panel.

Second issue is that whenever the laptop goes into sleep, everything that's connected to the USB ports will disconnect, just like if I had pulled the cables off the ports. Example, I'll copy 50gb from external HD to Internal and i'll go for a coffee, when I come back I'll move the mouse and I'll get the "Disc Not Ejected Properly - Eject "yaddah disk" before disconnecting or turning it off." message and a failed copy.

Any ideas? I'll be happy to answer to any more questions you might have.

As a note, I own a HP Probook 6570b, 16GB RAM, HD4000, FullHD Screen Upgrade, Samsung 850Pro 256GB SSD and Kingston HyperX 480GB SSD, IDT Audio Chip, Intel Ethernet and Broadcom WiFi. The Bluetooth device is a bcm20702a0 by Broadcom too.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
  • MacBook Pro.zip
    674.5 KB · Views: 77
  • RehabMan.zip
    60.5 KB · Views: 67
  • touchextensions.txt.zip
    807 bytes · Views: 79
Last edited:
First issue is, whenever I reboot from Windows 10 to Hackintosh or vice versa, my Bluetooth mouse stops working. It only works after I put the mouse in discovery mode again, and it appears in the bluetooth devices (of either OS) and then I have to repair it again. Thing is, it appears as a NEW mouse with a different bluetooth ID (last digits) than the previous paired one. So, If I boot 5 times each OS I'll have 5 "Bluetooth Mouse 4000" on each OS's Bluetooth Settings panel.

I think you need to tweak by hand the pairing data such that Windows and OS X/macOS are using the same IDs. Do a search and you should find a guide.

Second issue is that whenever the laptop goes into sleep, everything that's connected to the USB ports will disconnect, just like if I had pulled the cables off the ports. Example, I'll copy 50gb from external HD to Internal and i'll go for a coffee, when I come back I'll move the mouse and I'll get the "Disc Not Ejected Properly - Eject "yaddah disk" before disconnecting or turning it off." message and a failed copy.

It is a common problem, and you can fix it by ejecting such devices prior to sleep. There are scripts available that use sleepwatcher. You can search for a guide...

I think you need to tweak by hand the pairing data such that Windows and OS X/macOS are using the same IDs. Do a search and you should find a guide.

Did try searching for Bluetooth, Pairing, Tweak, OS X, tonymac (using search and google) but didn't find anything of relevance, could you give me either some search terms or a link?

It is a common problem, and you can fix it by ejecting such devices prior to sleep. There are scripts available that use sleepwatcher. You can search for a guide...

So if I ever want to copy large amounts of data I either turn off sleep or keep moving mouse every once in a while? Because ejecting the disks won't work if I'm copying stuff.

Did try searching for Bluetooth, Pairing, Tweak, OS X, tonymac (using search and google) but didn't find anything of relevance, could you give me either some search terms or a link?

So if I ever want to copy large amounts of data I either turn off sleep or keep moving mouse every once in a while? Because ejecting the disks won't work if I'm copying stuff.

one workaround would be to disable sleep temporarily. Sorry I dont know a permanent solution

It was years ago that I bumped into it. I don't use bluetooth devices that way, so I did not keep a link.
It was specifically regarding bluetooth, Windows, OS X.

For others' reference here are the threads Rehabman mentioned:

https://github.com/Soorma07/OS-X-Bluetooth-Pairing-Value-To-Windows-Value
https://github.com/digitalbirdo/BT-LinkkeySync
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/268837-dual-boot-bluetooth-pairing-solved/

Sadly, it's not working for Bluetooth 4.0 LE Mice, which is the case of my Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600.

On another note, the Probook 6570b has a compatible Bluetooth Card OOB (Broadcom 20702A0 IIRC). On top of that I added a BCM94352HMB/AzureWave AW-CB123H which also has bluetooth. I disconnected the Bluetooth-only card from the board thinking the BT bit from the Mini-PCIe card would pop-up, but nothing did (not in macOS nor in Windows). Is there anything in particular one has to do? Attached is the Bluetooth bit from System Report with everything connected.

Attachments

• Bluetooth System Report.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back