Contribute
Register

SL won't boot from SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok great, I'll make sure to add that kext and those settings and report back thanks. Currently in a bit of a tis having Apple id issues as I bought the installation using a guest account. Some mothers do av em'.

Your ethernet must be recognised and allocated to en0 under System Preferences/Network. Wifi should be en1. If this is not working correctly then the App Store will not allow you to down load anything.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/122884-mac-app-store-access-nullethernet-kext.html for more information. It may be possible to get your ethernet working using the Atheros kext from the downloads section and installing using kext utility:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=210
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=11

Hi Adrian, I am indeed unable to download my Purchased Mountain Lion update with Wifi.
I navigated to System Preferences/Network but didn't see what you meant about en0 and en1, are these editable?

edit: installed kext utility, dragged the atheros kext into it.

still not able to use Ethernet or download ML via Wifi.

starting to feel like I am out of my depth!

Thanks for your patience

Alex

Hi Adrian, I am indeed unable to download my Purchased Mountain Lion update with Wifi.
I navigated to System Preferences/Network but didn't see what you meant about en0 and en1, are these editable?

edit: installed kext utility, dragged the atheros kext into it.

still not able to use Ethernet or download ML via Wifi.

starting to feel like I am out of my depth!

Thanks for your patience

Alex

Try resetting the network interfaces. To do that, go into SysPrefs->Network and remove all interfaces, Apply, then remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, then add all your network interfaces back, starting with Ethernet.

Hey rehab man thanks for the reply.

I did that and still nothing.

when I click the + at the bottom to add an interface, Ethernet in not showing. Also when I go into diagnostics, Ethernet and airport are the non greyed out options but won't let me onto ethernet. It says 'this computer does not seem to be connected to a DSL or cable modem, or to an Ethernet network.

when using setup assistant the 'I use a cable modem/DSL modem to connect to the Internet' are greyed out.

built in serial port (1) is available but I think that's dial up and no good.

Its worth mentioning that after doing what you suggested on restart I got a kernel panic when selecting the SL volume. Next boot it loaded.

I also tried taking the wireless PCI out and booting to see if it then set Ethernet to no avail.

Could it be that I need to update the BIOS?

regards,

Alex

...when I click the + at the bottom to add an interface, Ethernet in not showing.

Then you don't have the appropriate Ethernet drivers installed for the hardware you have.

Hi bumping this as i am having further troubles.

I had previously managed to sucessfully perform the 10.6.8 update, but hit problems later on and had to wipe SSD again.

So as per Adrians post i should follow iboot guide but without using multibeast. I have mountain lion installer on a USB ready to go but now can't update to 10.6.8!

Its really frustrating as i got there before but cant seem to now. When i try to run the installer it just tells me that i need 10.6.7 first!

Im using the combo update with a USB stick because with 10.6.3 i don't have the functionality to use the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back