Intel HD4000 intergrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am having some issues getting set up using the IBoot and Multibeast guide.

Im using an Ivy Bridge 3570K processor with a Gigabyte Z77 DS3H mobo.

I sucessfully updated to 10.6.8 and Yosemite being my end game.

I mounted and installed multibeast for SL using the easy beast setting but I think the first time I did it I didn't check the system utilities, it mentions that you can run multibeast as many times as you like but I think I'm getting confused, is run and install the same terminology in this instance? When I installed it I didn't check system utilities before restarting.

When I restart the comp and boot from my SL partition I get a static Apple logo with no loading wheel.

Very new to this and would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks,

Alex

Snow Leopard wil not run on your hardware without iBoot. The idea is to update to 10.6.8 and at this point you can then get to the app store and download a newer version of OS X that your hardware can support. I am aware that you purchased a computer running ML.

If you have previously downloaded Mountain Lion from your own Apple id, then it will be available to download from your purchased Apps. You can continue to do this and follow the Mountain Lion Installation guide.

If you have not previously purchased and downloaded Mountain Lion then you Your hardware is suitable to run Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite. Lion and Mountain Lion are available via the App Store by purchasing via the link given in the Buyers guide under 'Operating Systems'. I understand that you should allow 2-3 working days for this process. Mavericks is only available if you have previously purchased it against your own Apple account. Yosemite 10.10.3 is the current option that is available to download for no charge.

Next time you set up Snow Leopard and update to 10.6.8 - don't run MultiBeast as doing so will prevent iBoot from working and your installation is useless.:thumbup:

If you have further questions then please just ask.

Thank you for your quick and informative reply!

My computer did previously run Mountain Lion but I bought the setup from an outside source who didn't give me boot disks and registration codes and such. I have gotten a little wiser and decided to leave my fear of these things and get it going myself as I ran into problems probably by not keeping up to date with updates and firmware.

My next question will probably seem very basic to you but it's where I intend to go from here using your advice.

How do I sucessfully erase the volume and start from scratch? Also will I still be able to enable the use of Ethernet after the 10.6.8 combo to access the Mac store for yosemite?

Warm regards,

Alex

How do I sucessfully erase the volume and start from scratch? Also will I still be able to enable the use of Ethernet after the 10.6.8 combo to access the Mac store for yosemite?

• Boot computer and put the iBoot cd into your optical drive. Shutdown.
  • Boot computer and press F12 button to bring up the UEFI/BIOS booting options. Select Optical drive.
  • When iBoot loads up , then change over to the Snow Leopard disk and boot into the OS X installer. Once at the installer screen select Disk Utility and wipe/partition the SSD again.
  • Run installer and update to 10.6.8 - you now have Snow Leopard on the SSD and can use the internet. If you power off the computer boot via iBoot to access the installation until you have created a new USB installer with a newer version of OS X.

I do not remember what App that you were using (music related?), but check the manufactures website to see if Yosemite will work. Yosemite is available without charge but if your App works well with Mountain Lion then you can download it but there is a charge of £15 for it.
http://store.apple.com/uk/product/D6377ZM/A/os-x-mountain-lion

Most non Apple music app users stay at least one version of OS X behind the latest version. You might find more information that is useful here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/

Oh yes, I'm glad you brought the audio side of things up because I pretty much only want to use this computer to run Logic 9! After having read several articles it seems that SL is my best bet with stability for LP9 so happy days.

I noticed when I got onto my current volume I had no Ethernet usage which I'll need too, is there a specific boot flag for that?

Also I plan on overclocking my cpu with prime and cpuz, am I likey to come across any conflicts with regards my method of acquiring my shiny new OSX?

Warm regards,

Alex

:)

Oh yes, I'm glad you brought the audio side of things up because I pretty much only want to use this computer to run Logic 9! After having read several articles it seems that SL is my best bet with stability for LP9 so happy days.

I would suggest considering using Lion or Mountain Lion (your hardware is too new to run Snow Leopard). Ivy Bridge & Z77 came along 2 years after Snow Leopard was discontinued by Apple. It will not run properly on your hardware - you already found that out when you used MultiBeast. You need to use at least Lion on your hardware. If Mountain Lion was working well before then I wopuld opt for that.

I noticed when I got onto my current volume I had no Ethernet usage which I'll need too, is there a specific boot flag for that?

Is there anything shown under network? Ethernet cable must be connected at boot. Your Ethernet chip is Atheros according to Gigabyte:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4326#sp

Does it show up after you update to 10.6.8 and then reboot?
Otherwise add a compatible wifi card or you could try a compatible USB wifi option.

Also I plan on overclocking my cpu with prime and cpuz, am I likey to come across any conflicts with regards my method of acquiring my shiny new OSX?

Get it running smoothly on standard settings/speeds before doing any overclocking. Gives you some time to iron out and test properly first.:thumbup:

Thank you :)

i guess ML is what I'll go for then. Just to clarify, I don't need to use multibeast for the SL part as it's just being used as a stepping stone, but I do for ML? So the ML multibeast will be functional for my hardware and will allow me to optimise my computer whilst enabling me to boot ML from SSD?

Or am I missing the point?

And yes Atheros is correct. I'll make sure to boot with the connections made and report back.

Cheers!

Alex

Thank you :)

i guess ML is what I'll go for then. Just to clarify, I don't need to use multibeast for the SL part as it's just being used as a stepping stone, but I do for ML? So the ML multibeast will be functional for my hardware and will allow me to optimise my computer whilst enabling me to boot ML from SSD?

Absolutely correct.

And yes Atheros is correct. I'll make sure to boot with the connections made and report back.

Your welcome.

My TP LINK wireless works in 10.6.8 So that's great!

Ordered Mountain Lion from the MAS.

Thanks Adrian for your guidance, it's been gold dust,

Take care,

Alex

:headbang:

My TP LINK wireless works in 10.6.8 So that's great!

Ordered Mountain Lion from the MAS.

Your ethernet must be recognised and allocated to en0 under System Preferences/Network. Wifi should be en1. If this is not working correctly then the App Store will not allow you to down load anything.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/122884-mac-app-store-access-nullethernet-kext.html for more information. It may be possible to get your ethernet working using the Atheros kext from the downloads section and installing using kext utility:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=210
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back