Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am completely lost now. I followed the guide "iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC" Everything fine until Step 4 with Multibeast and then things started going awry. I wanted to use DSDT method with JPALM's repo for my P8Z77-I Deluxe but Maciasl doesn't work with Snow Leopard. Then someone advised me to just DL the ML upgrade from the Appstore. That didn't work. Well, maybe Easybeast? Uh-uh. Now I'm stuck with the grey Apple logo and no spinning wheel. I've tried to start from ground zero, but inspite of BIOS set to boot from DVD (with iBoot Ivy Bridge CD loaded) Snow Leopard starts automatically. -v, -v PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=1 all give me a black screen. I need a helping hand :crazy:

I am completely lost now. I followed the guide "iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC" Everything fine until Step 4 with Multibeast and then things started going awry. I wanted to use DSDT method with JPALM's repo for my P8Z77-I Deluxe but Maciasl doesn't work with Snow Leopard. Then someone advised me to just DL the ML upgrade from the Appstore. That didn't work. Well, maybe Easybeast? Uh-uh. Now I'm stuck with the grey Apple logo and no spinning wheel. I've tried to start from ground zero, but inspite of BIOS set to boot from DVD (with iBoot Ivy Bridge CD loaded) Snow Leopard starts automatically. -v, -v PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=1 all give me a black screen. I need a helping hand :crazy:

SL is not an option for Ivy CPUs. You use it (+iBoot Ivy) only to purchase/download ML from the Mac App Store, create a Unibeast USB, then install ML fresh (not upgrade) using the Unibeast technique (see Guides at the top of each page here).

ThaiWay

First off the GFX card you have is not supported for Sl - this could be your Black Screen issues.

You need to use the HD4000 GFX functions of the chip - remove nvidia and only use HD4000 to install OSX SL -make changes in BIOS for your Source of the GFX (internal) and that you only use 64 megs video ram. - You will need to use the iBoot for Ivy Bridge CD to install Snow Leopard.

If you are trying to install ML from a UniBeast Thumb Drive that you made - do the same - use the HD4000 cpu video to get it to boot up and work - then install ML 10.8.3.
Then install nVidia Drivers then install the card and reboot.

Thanks Mr. T! That helped. (I shoulda done that after reading it somewhere in the first place!)

I also downloaded gparted-live to re-partition my SL SSD in order to start over from "zero." Jumping through hoops one at a time.

Thanks Mr. T! That helped. (I shoulda done that after reading it somewhere in the first place!)

I also downloaded gparted-live to re-partition my SL SSD in order to start over from "zero." Jumping through hoops one at a time.

ThaiWay

Mr T .... oh boy thats a blast from the past .... I pitty da fool BA would say,....

About SSD's - you should check to see if your SSD has the latest firmware on it - you may need Windows for that.

ML is more tolerant of SSD w older Firmware where SL is not. Or is that reversed... anyways you should make sure that the SSD has the latest firmware for it. But if its working fine then leave it alone.

If your using a SSD for windows and OSX - you may want to look at a site that has you install the Users dir on another HD and keep the SSD free of all that Windows User Stuff that fills up Hard Disks.

Also you can in a similar manner move the OSX Users folders to another drive. Which is in on this site.

Here is something you should read about Windows7
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/131740-folders-move-save-space-ssd.html

how to delete?

Attachments

• Kernel Panic.jpg
    Kernel Panic.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 195
  • Kernel Panic resize.jpg
    Kernel Panic resize.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 1,925
ThaiWay
....If your using a SSD for windows and OSX - you may want to look at a site that has you install the Users dir on another HD and keep the SSD free of all that Windows User Stuff that fills up Hard Disks....

Unfortunately, I'm not there yet. For now, just working on OS X install. Once that's perfect, I'll install Windoze on the 2nd SSD.

I used MaciASL to get PJALM's repo DSDT for my MB, and then dl'd Multibeast, ran with my UserDSDT, and end up with this:

View attachment 57443

No variation of PCIRootUID, -x, GE=Y or N changes the result.

Obviously something (in BIOS?) is not set right. Thanks in advance for any advice. Next?

Unfortunately, I'm not there yet. For now, just working on OS X install. Once that's perfect, I'll install Windoze on the 2nd SSD.

I used MaciASL to get PJALM's repo DSDT for my MB, and then dl'd Multibeast, ran with my UserDSDT, and end up with this:

View attachment 57443

No variation of PCIRootUID, -x, GE=Y or N changes the result.

Obviously something (in BIOS?) is not set right. Thanks in advance for any advice. Next?

You need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Multibeast. And probably /Extra/SSDT.aml for your CPU. And probably DropSSDT=Yes, GeneratePStates=No, GenerateCStates=No. And check to see if your DSDT has Processor declarations in Scope (_PR).

You need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Multibeast. And probably /Extra/SSDT.aml for your CPU. And probably DropSSDT=Yes, GeneratePStates=No, GenerateCStates=No. And check to see if your DSDT has Processor declarations in Scope (_PR).

Thanks RehabMan. Now if I just knew how to do all that. These are choices in Multibeast? I'm still kinda low on the learning curve :cry:

Thanks RehabMan. Now if I just knew how to do all that. These are choices in Multibeast? I'm still kinda low on the learning curve :cry:

Chameleon Wizard to change the various org.chameleon.Boot.plist options. Or TextEdit (/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist).
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Multibeast.
SSDT generation script from: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm.html
Check for Processor in DSDT by searching your DSDT for 'Processor' in MaciASL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back