HD3000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi guys,

sorry first of all if these questions are not addressed to the right thread. I followed the guide for my HP Probook 4430s and the install has a few (minor) issues:

1. I cannot change the resolution from 1024x768 which isn't the native one of the display. How do I fix that?
  2. Wifi does not work (but Bluetooth shows up) which leads me to suspect I don't have the Atheos module but how can I verify that without opening the laptop? I.e. what's the best tool to determine which hardware I have?

Thanks for your help.

Guide to Installing Snow Leopard on HP Probook

Hi guys,

sorry first of all if these questions are not addressed to the right thread. I followed the guide for my HP Probook 4430s and the install has a few (minor) issues:

I cannot change the resolution from 1024x768 which isn't the native one of the display. How do I fix that?

Make sure you are booting using Kernel Cache. Native HD3K support is intermittent on SL if you are not booting with kernel cache. Use Kext Wizard to fix permissions, rebuild caches. When when you rebuild caches, make sure you keep an eye on the output from Console to see that it was 100% successful.

Wifi does not work (but Bluetooth shows up) which leads me to suspect I don't have the Atheos module but how can I verify that without opening the laptop? I.e. what's the best tool to determine which hardware I have?

You could verify under Windows in Device Manager. Otherwise, the card itself is usually pretty easily accessible...

Re Kernel cache - that's helpful thanks. Do you have more detailed step-by-step instructions? Bit of a newbie... Kext Wizard refers to this?
I am also attaching my bdmesg output and dsdt.aml file. Do you see any issues?

View attachment bdmesg.txt
View attachment dsdt.zip

Re Wifi modules - I had to remove the Windows partition due to GUID stuff and the recovery disks (which I didn't create myself before -d'oh!) haven't arrived yet. Any other non-intrusive suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Re Kernel cache - that's helpful thanks. Do you have more detailed step-by-step instructions? Bit of a newbie... Kext Wizard refers to this?

Yes.

I am also attaching my bdmesg output and dsdt.aml file. Do you see any issues?

View attachment 50727
View attachment 50728

Re Wifi modules - I had to remove the Windows partition due to GUID stuff and the recovery disks (which I didn't create myself before -d'oh!) haven't arrived yet. Any other non-intrusive suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Looks like Kernel Cache is active from bdmesg, but you should verify it is being built without errors.
Your DSDT.zip is corrupt.

Not sure what happened with zip. This one should work:

View attachment dsdt.aml.zip

Re Kext Wizard - ok got it. Just run the app and click the options.

Much obliged...

Not sure what happened with zip. This one should work:

View attachment 50762

Re Kext Wizard - ok got it. Just run the app and click the options.

Much obliged...

Where did this DSDT come from? It does not look like a HP ProBook DSDT (Probooks don't have Nvidia graphics).

Where did this DSDT come from? It does not look like a HP ProBook DSDT (Probooks don't have Nvidia graphics).

I thought it is the one I extracted and pachted as described in the guide but maybe something went wrong. Does this file look like what you would expect?

View attachment dsdt.aml 2.zip

I thought it is the one I extracted and pachted as described in the guide but maybe something went wrong. Does this file look like what you would expect?

View attachment 50783

That looks fine. It might have been me looking at the wrong dsdt in my ~/Downloads (I tend to get a lot of them).

That looks fine. It might have been me looking at the wrong dsdt in my ~/Downloads (I tend to get a lot of them).

I refreshed the permissions and cache but it didn't help anything, i.e. still can only pick 1024x768 instead of 1366x768. Any ideas how to diagnose this further?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back