Contribute
Register

SL installation troubleshooting. Third try and counting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 Rev 2.0 Bios FC
CPU
Intel i5 2500
Graphics
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi you all!

I tried installing Snow Leopard 10.6 from the retail DVD following the iBoot+MultiBeast guide with no luck.

First try I connected the HDD on the blue sata2 port 2 and my DVDRW on the blue sata2 port 3 (the ports 0 and 1 are the whites sata3). Then I configured my mobo BIOS as it says on the mentioned guide above.
Boot order: 1st DVD then HDD
SATA controller: ACHI
HPET: 64-bit mode

I installed SL using iBoot 3.2 (no errors what so ever), updated to 10.6.7 with combo update, used MultiBeast SL Edition with the DSDT (DSDT.aml and checked UserDSDT and System Utilities) provided in the database and then restarted the system.
The system got stuck at the white screen with the gray Apple Logo. I used iBoot to boot into SL and experimented with MultiBeast (deleting the Extra folder with every attemtp) with no luck.

I decided to delete all the partitions and start all over again. Do you have any recommendations?
Should I change use de white or blue SATA ports? In the guide says:
"If using a Gigabyte 1156 board, use the blue Intel SATA ports- not the white Gigabyte SATA ports"
- I'm not on a 1156 board, the 2nd gen Intel are 1155.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PD 1: I already searched the forum and asked some question with no luck/response (most posts were very old).
PD 2: I created another post before asking about the stuck at the white screen Apple logo

I've just managed to get over this problem.

You need to select more things in multibeast:

system utilities
IOAHCBlockStorageInjector
Fake SMC
Fake SMC plugins
Chimera 1.7.0
32 bit apple boot screen
mac pro 3.1

try these

lankemo said:
I've just managed to get over this problem.

You need to select more things in multibeast:

system utilities
IOAHCBlockStorageInjector
Fake SMC
Fake SMC plugins
Chimera 1.7.0
32 bit apple boot screen
mac pro 3.1

try these
FekeSMC, macpro3,1, 32bit apple boot screen are already installed by UserDSDT - no need to select them.

daraio said:
Hi you all!

I tried installing Snow Leopard 10.6 from the retail DVD following the iBoot+MultiBeast guide with no luck.

First try I connected the HDD on the blue sata2 port 2 and my DVDRW on the blue sata2 port 3 (the ports 0 and 1 are the whites sata3). Then I configured my mobo BIOS as it says on the mentioned guide above.
Boot order: 1st DVD then HDD
SATA controller: ACHI
HPET: 64-bit mode

I installed SL using iBoot 3.2 (no errors what so ever), updated to 10.6.7 with combo update, used MultiBeast SL Edition with the DSDT (DSDT.aml and checked UserDSDT and System Utilities) provided in the database and then restarted the system.
The system got stuck at the white screen with the gray Apple Logo. I used iBoot to boot into SL and experimented with MultiBeast (deleting the Extra folder with every attemtp) with no luck.

I decided to delete all the partitions and start all over again. Do you have any recommendations?
Should I change use de white or blue SATA ports? In the guide says:
"If using a Gigabyte 1156 board, use the blue Intel SATA ports- not the white Gigabyte SATA ports"
- I'm not on a 1156 board, the 2nd gen Intel are 1155.
Use the same setup that allowed you to successfully install the first time. Then make a backup of the drive before experimenting.
When you get it back up and boot to hard drive, boot with the -v flag so you know where it hangs up - the white screen/apple logo hang up can have many causes. Without info from verbose boot there is no way to tell what the cause is.

Thanks you both for your help. After a lot of testing with no luck I decided to go for the UniBeast method.

I made a post about how I got everything working. You can find it in here:
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=48928&p=306680#p306680

Thanks again for your help. Have a nice day! :thumbup:

Thanks ive got it working now fine, i think when i set graphicsenabler=no it just boots fine now. Chimera takes a while to load which slows down the boot but other than that its brill.

Got everything working now apart from USB connectivity :)
Massive thanks to the very supportive and extremely knowledgeable community here
It would of actually been impossible without you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back