i5 3570K
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can't reach SL Installer!

Whats strange is that of course when my harddrive was unplugged I made it to the desktop and was at the point where I was capable of reformatting it. Now for the life of me I can not get back to the installation screen and I am constantly stuck at the apple logo. I've unplugged the harddrive again. Tried both PCIRootUID=1 and PCIRootUID=0. Booted with -x and GraphicsEnabler=No.

I'm using a Sandy Bridge Processor and GA-Z77x-UD5H mobo. Booted with iBoot Legacy.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    947.5 KB · Views: 95
Whats strange is that of course when my harddrive was unplugged I made it to the desktop and was at the point where I was capable of reformatting it. Now for the life of me I can not get back to the installation screen and I am constantly stuck at the apple logo. I've unplugged the harddrive again. Tried both PCIRootUID=1 and PCIRootUID=0. Booted with -x and GraphicsEnabler=No.

I'm using a Sandy Bridge Processor and GA-Z77x-UD5H mobo. Booted with iBoot Legacy.

gutterolin

Your using the incorrect iBoot CD

You hardware needs to use the IBOOT CD FOR IVY BRIDGE.

I See that your CPU is NOT Ivy Bridge CPU as that would match the Motherboard.

If so then you will need to make sure that your CPU has either HD3000 or HD4000 internal GFX onboard. As these are the only two types that work w Snow Leo.

Set video ram for GFX to only 64 megs for video ram and that you have only the internal video enabled not both in the BIOS.

You should look at this link for some ideas on how we go about it
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Also as your Motherboard is a Z77 chipset we will not run OSX Snow Leo in what you would call Normal Mode - no boot from HD only Boot from Iboot IB CD.
THis is a know issue w the SL kernel and the hardware you have.

THe sole point would to get this to work w the onboard network and login into the Apple App store and download Mountain Lion to make the USB drive to install ML.

Also what is the hardware version of this motherboard that you have!

gutterolin

Your using the incorrect iBoot CD

You hardware needs to use the IBOOT CD FOR IVY BRIDGE.

I See that your CPU is NOT Ivy Bridge CPU as that would match the Motherboard.

If so then you will need to make sure that your CPU has either HD3000 or HD4000 internal GFX onboard. As these are the only two types that work w Snow Leo.

Set video ram for GFX to only 64 megs for video ram and that you have only the internal video enabled not both in the BIOS.

You should look at this link for some ideas on how we go about it
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Also as your Motherboard is a Z77 chipset we will not run OSX Snow Leo in what you would call Normal Mode - no boot from HD only Boot from Iboot IB CD.
THis is a know issue w the SL kernel and the hardware you have.

THe sole point would to get this to work w the onboard network and login into the Apple App store and download Mountain Lion to make the USB drive to install ML.

Also what is the hardware version of this motherboard that you have!

Lol well looks like now I'm in a circle. I have tried to install mountain lion but my Sandy Bridge processor is not supported just yet due to it only having HD2000 Graphics. I guess if I just upgrade to Ivy Bridge all this BS will be resolved? I'll give the iBoot Ivy Bridge a shot tomorrow and post the results as my brain is itself shot today.

Lol well looks like now I'm in a circle. I have tried to install mountain lion but my Sandy Bridge processor is not supported just yet due to it only having HD2000 Graphics. I guess if I just upgrade to Ivy Bridge all this BS will be resolved? I'll give the iBoot Ivy Bridge a shot tomorrow and post the results as my brain is itself shot today.

Gutterolin

Yes the HD2000 GFX are not supported as this is the bottom end of the HDXXXX series from Intel for the I3 I5 I7 2nd and 3rd generation CPU's. And if you installing OSX ML 10.8.3 or above then the HD2500 is supported - "rumored but not verified by Me". But the HD 3000 and HD4000 as well as the new HD4500 in the Haswell are ( for ML) unknow how Sl will work on Haswell at this time.

Gutterolin

Yes the HD2000 GFX are not supported as this is the bottom end of the HDXXXX series from Intel for the I3 I5 I7 2nd and 3rd generation CPU's. And if you installing OSX ML 10.8.3 or above then the HD2500 is supported - "rumored but not verified by Me". But the HD 3000 and HD4000 as well as the new HD4500 in the Haswell are ( for ML) unknow how Sl will work on Haswell at this time.

Thanks! You've been very helpful. Tried iBoot Ivy Bridge with no luck. Looks like I'm going to want to buy the proper CPU to match my Mobo.

So just to be sure...I would not be able to dual boot Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion if I had an Ivy Bridge? Sounds redundant but my macbook pro primarily runs SL and I have an external for ML required applications. It would be convenient to have a desktop version of both as I'd like to preserve my SL apps.

Also to respond to your earlier question, the exact mobo i recently purchased is here and is in Rev 1.1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007R21JK4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks! You've been very helpful. Tried iBoot Ivy Bridge with no luck. Looks like I'm going to want to buy the proper CPU to match my Mobo.

So just to be sure...I would not be able to dual boot Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion if I had an Ivy Bridge? Sounds redundant but my macbook pro primarily runs SL and I have an external for ML required applications. It would be convenient to have a desktop version of both as I'd like to preserve my SL apps.

Also to respond to your earlier question, the exact mobo i recently purchased is here and is in Rev 1.1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007R21JK4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

gutterolin

If that is what you want to do run both on a Desktop

Suggest locating a Video card that is supported for SL - like the older Nvidia's and finding a Motherboard w a Z68 chipset that you can get a DSDT for

You can use the CPU but you will need and dedicated GFX card.

Or replace the current w one that has a HD3000 onboard GFX.

That way You can run both.

Even finding a 1366 CPU w a X58 like I have will work and run both SL and ML and windows

Finding them new would be hard - but used well they are around..

Completed the install! Replaced sandy bridge with IB and installed multi beast. Boots no problem! THank you

gutterolin

If that is what you want to do run both on a Desktop

Suggest locating a Video card that is supported for SL - like the older Nvidia's and finding a Motherboard w a Z68 chipset that you can get a DSDT for

You can use the CPU but you will need and dedicated GFX card.

Or replace the current w one that has a HD3000 onboard GFX.

That way You can run both.

Even finding a 1366 CPU w a X58 like I have will work and run both SL and ML and windows

Finding them new would be hard - but used well they are around..

Okay so I bought the processor, I had a successful install and installed multi beast but now when I boot i get this crazy graphics glitch unless I boot in safe mode.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 117
Okay so I bought the processor, I had a successful install and installed multi beast but now when I boot i get this crazy graphics glitch unless I boot in safe mode.

gutterolin

I assume that your using the Iboot CD to boot with -
And that we have Snow Leo installed or you have completed it.

WE are not able to run MultiBeast on this hardware as its Ivy Bridge and is not support w the Snow Leo and Multibeast.

We install Snow Leo update the SL to 10.6.8 or 10.6.7 then get the Mountain Lion and make the USB drive.

As the the video

You will need to boot the hardware w the following switches until your on ML -

So boot from IBOOT IB and use - v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Also in the BIOS set the video to internal not both as we only use internal video for this (HD4000) and the ram for video to 64 megs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back