Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have installed SL on my GA-H77N-Wifi from the retail DVD using the SL
iBoot/Multibeast guide. Following the install of Multibeast I can successfully
boot - only if I boot from iBoot. Trying to boot directly results in the systems
hanging at the gray apple.

I see the same behavior if install using either the DSDT or EasyBeast.

Installs have been performed with the system BIOS at default (optimized) settings
and as well as those settings specified for a ML installation (per the ML guide for the
H77/Z77 mobo). The end result is always the same.

The only thing I have not done at this point is to follow the SandyBridge guide. I have trolled
the forums and nothing has really jumped out at me as the only thing *not* working (at least the
way it should) is the boot process.

SL was installed with 4GB of memory, a SanDisk Extreme SSD and the wireless card removed.
A USB bluetooth adapter was used for the keyboard and mouse.

Because of this I was wondering if someone could possibly point out what has obviously
been missed (or required further investigation). My ultimate goal is to perform a fresh install
of ML, so do I really need to worry that the system doesn't boot?

Thanks!

Installing Snow Leopard with iBoot-Ivy-Bridge on an Ivy Bridge system is only a single step to installing Mountain Lion.

Snow Leopard will never boot from HDD or run properly on an Ivy system because there is no support in the SL kernel for IB chipsets or CPUs.

It says so right there in the iBoot Ivy Bridge documentation that came with the download. So forget about running 10.6.x on an IvyBridge board/CPU. Purchase and download Mountain Lion and make your UniBeast USB installer and install 10.8.x.

Thanks.
Now you have me wondering how the heck I missed that in the first place as I was quite anal about knowing everything that I needed and had to do in the first place.....

:oops:

would have gained me a few extra hours of sleep too!

My backup plan was to install ML anyway.
Now if only WOL wouldn't be an issue with the motherboard!

Thanks.
Now you have me wondering how the heck I missed that in the first place as I was quite anal about knowing everything that I needed and had to do in the first place.....

:oops:

would have gained me a few extra hours of sleep too!

My backup plan was to install ML anyway.
Now if only WOL wouldn't be an issue with the motherboard!

dingy

I would just turn off in the BIOS - wake on lan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back