XFX HD7950
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I have an Asus EAH4850 512MB that I'm trying to get working under SL 10.6.6. I had it successfully working under 10.6.2 a long while back but a recent fresh install of 10.6.6 has led to no drivers. Here is what I've tried thus far with it's results.

1) Multibeast 4xxx for 10.6.6/5 - Yields to where I can't even boot, even with -x -f flags
2) Adding graphics enabler yes to com.apple.boot.plist - Yields a gray screen
3) ATY_init doesn't seem to do anything
4) ATIFrameBuffer kext install yields same result as multibeast
5) Evoenabler yeilds same gray screen issue

If anyone has successfully gotten this to work under 10.6.6 please let me know how and what you did to accomplish this!

Thanks,
Vince

vincentjames501 said:
Hello all,

I have an Asus EAH4850 512MB that I'm trying to get working under SL 10.6.6. I had it successfully working under 10.6.2 a long while back but a recent fresh install of 10.6.6 has led to no drivers. Here is what I've tried thus far with it's results.

1) Multibeast 4xxx for 10.6.6/5 - Yields to where I can't even boot, even with -x -f flags
2) Adding graphics enabler yes to com.apple.boot.plist - Yields a gray screen
3) ATY_init doesn't seem to do anything
4) ATIFrameBuffer kext install yields same result as multibeast
5) Evoenabler yeilds same gray screen issue

If anyone has successfully gotten this to work under 10.6.6 please let me know how and what you did to accomplish this!

Thanks,
Vince
ATI 4850 cards are extremely difficult to get working in OS X. I have a Sapphire 4850 512 MB that does not work at all. Do you have another card to try?

i have 4890 ( Sapphire ) and it is working with graphic enabler and QE\CL package for 10.6.6..

i cant give links here ( dont want to look like a spammer )....there is only one QE\CL package by netkas, google it, you will find it, and im using Revision 2 of package, its on the site, like i said google it and download, uninstall all graphics kext ( not graphics enabler, it is needed ) and install the package, reboot and it will work, and remember never use ATI framebuffer with package, you will get kernel panic....Best of luck :thumbup:

simrat said:
i cant give links here ( dont want to look like a spammer )....there is only one QE\CL package by netkas, google it, you will find it, and im using Revision 2 of package, its on the site, like i said google it and download, uninstall all graphics kext ( not graphics enabler, it is needed ) and install the package, reboot and it will work, and remember never use ATI framebuffer with package, you will get kernel panic....Best of luck :thumbup:
That package is included in MultiBeast, so there is no need to download it from netkas.

MacMan said:
simrat said:
That package is included in MultiBeast, so there is no need to download it from netkas.

That explains why I had the same result with not booting after install :D

im not using multibeast, for graphics like i said before i used graphic enabler ( default in chameleon RC5 ) and after installation the package, nothing more, no framebuffer, no extra Kext, just install it with graphic enabler and install the package after installation, after boot it will work, thats how i got my Sapphire 4890 HD working....in package there are only two files "ati4800" and " atix2000 smthing "...check them both, restart and get your 4890 working without any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back