Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The EFI of mgregrs I have put it without touching anything and I get this screen after which the PC turns off.
View attachment 307212

use OSXAptioFixDrv.efi instead of OSXAptioFix3Drv.efi or AptioMemoryFix.efi, if AptioMemoryFix.efi does not work either...

Try to be a little bit imaginative... ;)

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
hello all ! i followed the guide to the t and i get stuck after second reboot with

The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged

can you please help >?? im so close :oops:

thank you @kgp this guide is a life savior!!

Perform a macOS 10.13.2 17C2120 Clean Install with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1!

I have tried AptioMemoryFix.efi and it works as long as I no longer have the problem that came up on the screen referring to the memory but I do not know how to solve this ....
Captura de pantalla 2018-01-20 a las 1.37.11.png

Hello DSM2 and thanks for your help, then then and if I understood you correctly I should remove AptioMemoryFix.efi and not put any other?

Hello DSM2, what happens is that after those messages the pc turns off.

I'm going to do a clean installation but this happens
Captura de pantalla 2018-01-20 a las 2.38.09.png

And in the folder if there are files that the terminal says not to find
Captura de pantalla 2018-01-20 a las 2.38.39.png

Delidded i9-7980XE @4.8GHz (Sync All Cores) on iMacPro Hackintosh

!! Geekbench CPU Benchmark All-Time Single-CPU Record ! !

:headbang: !! Multi-Score - 65.358 / Single Score - 5.910 !!
:headbang:

View attachment 307219

View attachment 307220

View attachment 307221

max. TEMP: 63 deg C!!!!!

View attachment 307222

@DSM2, world's best delidder ;):lol::headbang:

View attachment 307223

Hello @kgp i would like to start out by first apologizing for my actions earlier in this thread. if it is alright with you i would like to start fresh in here.

Secondly, is the power reading right? if so :clap: thats incredible!:headbang:

Last edited:
@shael : As soon as you start to overclock your CPU you have to turn off SSVID...
This Option only works against every overclocking setting you do.

Choose between IPG Power Compensation Wattages which are irrelevant or more CPU power!

Which is not completely true ;)... @shael, I just figured out that everything also works the same way with SSVID enabled...

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 13.51.15.png

Post #3971 also updated in corenspondence..

@kgp
Lol, I saw your score in Geekbench, impressive. Did you ever look at the power consumption? The performance is nice, for sure, but it stands in no relation to power consumption. Your VRM Section is at Limit (I bet if you use all cores for a longer time, the cpu will be throttled because VRM section is too hot). Be sure you are cooling the VRMs too.

Thats why I choose a "less" OC value. I don't know the type of applications you use, but if they are the same as here (simulation, rendering, animation) you will get some troubles. ^^

I guess your cpu (yeah only cpu) will take about 500W or more. ;)
But again, impressive score!!!

Greets

@kgp
Lol, I saw your score in Geekbench, impressive. Did you ever look at the power consumption? The performance is nice, for sure, but it stands in no relation to power consumption. Your VRM Section is at Limit (I bet if you use all cores for a longer time, the cpu will be throttled because VRM section is too hot). Be sure you are cooling the VRMs too.

Thats why I choose a "less" OC value. I don't know the type of applications you use, but if they are the same as here (simulation, rendering, animation) you will get some troubles. ^^

I guess your cpu (yeah only cpu) will take about 500W or more. ;)
But again, impressive score!!!

Greets

My VRMs are cooled by the EK ASUS CPU Mono-block! Everything water blocked.. Also VRMs!

Geekbench takes 260W at most..

IPG-Geekbench-i9-7980XE@4.8Ghz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back