Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Thireus --- Thank-you! Your instructions worked like a charm!

On the top of the vega card, what is the micro switch for? (not the dip switches for the leds, the other one)

Bios Switch : Normal and Power Saving Mode

why cant i find any documentation on it? which mode does it ship on?

Hmm, for me there is not difference between to 2 positions. Normally one is 300W TDP Setting and the other is 350W TDP Setting. (I have the liquid version). But no matter which position I set, always same clock and boost.

To the left meaning towards the ports on the card?

Last edited:
Does anyone have the USB not ejected properly issue when waking up from sleep?

Thanks for the INSANE write up! I've been following this guide for the past few days, currently trying to get my X299 to boot but sadly without any luck. I tried the updated 17,1 and the older 17,1 for install but every time I boot onto the USB and install from my internal drive to finish the install my PC either freezes, gets stuck or just crashes.

I've already followed all the BIOS settings, tried with and without EMU but now I'm unsure of what my next set should be.

I'm using an NVMe, but that shouldn't make any difference right?

Anybody have any suggestions for my setup? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the INSANE write up! I've been following this guide for the past few days, currently trying to get my X299 to boot but sadly without any luck. I tried the updated 17,1 and the older 17,1 for install but every time I boot onto the USB and install from my internal drive to finish the install my PC either freezes, gets stuck or just crashes.

I've already followed all the BIOS settings, tried with and without EMU but now I'm unsure of what my next set should be.

I'm using an NVMe, but that shouldn't make any difference right?

Anybody have any suggestions for my setup? Would be much appreciated!

Please learn to bug report.. With the above information nobody will be able to help you...

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back