Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ACPI Drop OEM_DSM,
add some drop table
On CPU section select C2, C4, C6
Device add 0x0 on most parts.. I will send the EFI folder in a bit, the installation flash drive being used right now,

Well nothing that I really needed on my rig for successful boot, performance and overall system functionality. But if you finally succeeded with those settings, I am very happy indeed! :thumbup:...

Before uploading the respective modified EFI-Folder, please really carefully verify once more in all detail, which modifications out of those you mention above, are really absolutely necessary and mandatory for a successful boot of your system. It seems you added now all possible differences between the two EFI-folders, without checking which once are obsolete and which once are really required. I just want to ensure, that just those entries are modified, which are really mandatory to successfully boot your system. In any case, it can well be that you need a slightly different config.plist configuration, as you employ the i9-7900X instead of the i7-7800X, which I employ in in my case.

Anyway, great that you finally succeeded in successfully booting your system! Absolutely gorgeous! :thumbup:

Cheers,

KGP

Hey guys, just wanted to mention: After I succesfully managed to run 10.13 on an ssd (APFS) I just cloned it with CCC 5 to an NVME, then copied the EFI partition manually and it worked! Does this this make CCC compatible for cloning APFS formatted Drives? Another question: Why clover auto-boot option isn't working?

Pls check the EFI folder, can't explain why, lol, but its working, :)

O.K. I found the following modifications on the config.plist edited with Clover Configurator:

a.) "ACPI"-Section:
i.) Drop OEM_DSM now checked (which I originally also checked but later on removed as it was apparently not required)
ii) Drop tables (which I originally also implemented but later on removed as they were apparently not required)
iii.) Smart UPS checked (which I originally also checked but later on removed as it was apparently not required)

All are settings, which I previously applied on my Broadwell-E/X99 rig and subsequently also removed there....​

b.) "CPU" Section:
i.) Check of C2, C4, C6 (apparently not required in case of the I7-7800X on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe)
c.) "Devices Section"
i.) Most of the Fake ID entries changed to 0x0 (i never tried this option, this could be indeed a valid modification)
ii.) USB Inject checked with horizontal line (in don't use any USB injection)​

These are apparently all modifications implemented in my currently distributed EFI-Folder.

As I helped you quite a lot, I would also like to ask your for some small favor! ;)

Please still try to figure out, which modifications a) to c.) are really mandatory to successfully boot the USB Drive Installer on your system. Try to reduce the modifications a.) to c.) if possible by trial and error, and please report back with the final EFI-Folder and a list of remaining modifications.

Will you do me this favor :?: It is really crucial for the generalization of my EFi-folder to exactly know, which steps out of a.) to c.) I might be really missing...

I can't do this test by myself, as my distributed EFI-Folder works on my System without all modifications summarized above.

So your help and contribution is really crucial! :wave:

I think it is evident to backup your now fully functional EFI-folder before doing this test as a favor.. ;)

Many thanks in advance! :thumbup:

KPG

Last edited:
Hey guys, just wanted to mention: After I succesfully managed to run 10.13 on an ssd (APFS) I just cloned it with CCC 5 to an NVME, then copied the EFI partition manually and it worked! Does this this make CCC compatible for cloning APFS formatted Drives? Another question: Why clover auto-boot option isn't working?

a.) I applied this CCC approach actually to convert my System Disk from APFS to HFS+, in order to circumvent the forced APFS
implementation by Apple, as mentioned in my guide... Do you really obtain an AFPS clone, when actually cloning your AFPS System Disk or does the resulting clone has a HFS+ formatting? If the primer is the case, CCC would have released a new version already supporting the direct APFS Disk Cloning! Please report back after an additional crosscheck... That's an important point, which I would have to immediately implement or update in my guide.​

b.) What you mean with clover auto boot? The count down and automatic boot of the selected drive in the boot menu. Normally it
does, if you previously successfully booted and subsequently successfully shut-down the respective drive. If the boot loader does not behave as expected, check your system disk name convention.​

Cheers,

KGP

O.K. I found the following modifications on the config.plist edited with Clover Configurator:

a.) "ACPI"-Section:
i.) Drop OEM_DSM now checked (which I originally also checked but later on removed as it was apparently not required)
ii) Drop tables (which I originally also implemented but later on removed as they were apparently not required)
iii.) Smart UPS checked (which I originally also checked but later on removed as it was apparently not required)

All are settings, which I previously applied on my Broadwell-E/X99 rig and subsequently also removed there....​

b.) "CPU" Section:
i.) Check of C2, C4, C6 (apparently not required in case of the I7-7800X on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe)
c.) "Devices Section"
i.) Most of the Fake ID entries changed to 0x0 (i never tried this option, this could be indeed a valid modification)
ii.) USB Inject checked with horizontal line (in don't use any USB injection)​

These are apparently all modifications implemented in my currently distributed EFI-Folder.

As I helped you quite a lot, I would also like to ask your for some small favor! ;)

Please still try to figure out, which modifications a) to c.) are really mandatory to successfully boot the USB Drive Installer on your system. Try to reduce the modifications a.) to c.) if possible by trial and error, and please report back with the final EFI-Folder and a list of remaining modifications.

Will you do me this favor :?: It is really crucial for the generalization of my EFi-folder to exactly know, which steps out of a.) to c.) I might be really missing...

I can't do this test by myself, as my distributed EFI-Folder works on my System without all modifications summarized above.

So your help and contribution is really crucial! :wave:

I think it is evident to backup your now fully functional EFI-folder before doing this test as a favor.. ;)

Many thanks in advance! :thumbup:

KPG

For sure man, I would definitely get back to you... Thanks again for all your helps, :thumbup:

For sure man, I would definitely get back to you... Thanks again for all your helps, :thumbup:

Yes please do me that favour as soon as possible...

Thanks in advance!

KGP

a.) I applied this CCC approach actually to convert my System Disk from APFS to HFS+, in order to circumvent the forced APFS
implementation by Apple, as mentioned in my guide... Do you really obtain an AFPS clone, when actually cloning your AFPS System Disk or does the resulting clone has a HFS+ formatting? If the primer is the case, CCC would have released a new version already supporting the direct APFS Disk Cloning! Please report back after an additional crosscheck... That's an important point, which I would have to immediately implement or update in my guide.

screenshot attached: is that proof enough, or is the system sh*tting me:)? (CCC Version: 5.0(5061))

b.) What you mean with clover auto boot? The count down and automatic boot of the selected drive in the boot menu. Normally it
does, if you previously successfully booted and subsequently successfully shut-down the respective drive. If the boot loader does not behave as expected, check your system disk name convention.

nevermind, not an issue anymore. Do I have any kind of disadvantages if I boot Windows through Clover?

Cheers,

KGP

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 20.07.42.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 20.07.42.png
    432.2 KB · Views: 104

This the direct cloning of APFS disks with CCC is now officially supported? :clap::headbang:

That's what the attached picture says :):?:

This the direct cloning of APFS disks with CCC is now officially supported? :clap::headbang:

That's what the attached picture says :):?:
Great news man. I really appreciate that you brought this guide alive and keep it running so well. Thanks:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back