Gigabyte GA G77 D3H
CPU
Intel i7 2600k
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi Guys

This is my third Hackintosh build, and so far the only one I cannot get to load the installer.

I just purchased the bits for my new system:
  • Asus Z170-K
  • Intel i7 6700K
  • Corsair Vengeance 2 X 8GB 3000MHZ
I've plugged my SSD into the first SATA port, and am only using one stick of RAM. Nothing else is plugged in.

In the bios, I've:
  • Disabled Legacy USB
  • Disabled Secure Boot
  • Set OS to Other
  • Disabled fast boot
Everything else is the default.

I've tried using the USB ports on the front of the PC, and the back, same deal.

I managed to take a photo of the error:

2MnbMmi.jpg

Anyone able to tell me what might be the problem?

Check for an enabled Serial port in your BIOS settings and disable it if found.

Ok will try that now - shall i leave everything else as is?

Thanks so much, it worked! Writing this from OSX, just need to get the NVIDIA drivers working, and for some reason I'm only getting 8GB RAM when it should be 16GB - system report shows 2 x 4GB sticks instead of 2x8gb!

I didn't but I just did a fresh install, and now it shows up as 16gb. Weird. However before that, I used the clover configurator to enter my ram into it manually, and that worked too.

I've set the system definition, then used the AGDP fix here to get it working without the blank screen.

Now one problem Ive got is the mouse is unresponsive at boot, I have to unplug it and plug it back in. Its plugged into my keyboard, which is plugged into two USB ports.

In Multibeast, I installed:

Quickstart - UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers - Network - RealtekRTL8111 V2.2.1
Drivers - USB - Increase Max limit - this was needed to get the USB 2 ports on the case to work
System Definition - iMac 17,1

great just rebooted and now its showing 8gb again!

Hi Guys

This is my third Hackintosh build, and so far the only one I cannot get to load the installer.

I just purchased the bits for my new system:
  • Asus Z170-K
  • Intel i7 6700K
  • Corsair Vengeance 2 X 8GB 3000MHZ
I've plugged my SSD into the first SATA port, and am only using one stick of RAM. Nothing else is plugged in.

In the bios, I've:
  • Disabled Legacy USB
  • Disabled Secure Boot
  • Set OS to Other
  • Disabled fast boot
Everything else is the default.

I've tried using the USB ports on the front of the PC, and the back, same deal.

I managed to take a photo of the error:

2MnbMmi.jpg

Anyone able to tell me what might be the problem?

Hi,
Looking for some help, I just bought the same mobo as yours ASUS Z170-K over the weekend and cannot get it to boot to the installer or even boot a preinstalled HDD, can you please tell me what settings you changed in the BIOS? i have tried all the changes seen on the forums for ASUS but no luck yet.... also are you able to share your EFI folder? Im using i5-6600K, 8gb RAM Corsair (single stick for installation, will add a second stick when i get it booting)

Hi,
Looking for some help, I just bought the same mobo as yours ASUS Z170-K over the weekend and cannot get it to boot to the installer or even boot a preinstalled HDD, can you please tell me what settings you changed in the BIOS? i have tried all the changes seen on the forums for ASUS but no luck yet.... also are you able to share your EFI folder? Im using i5-6600K, 8gb RAM Corsair (single stick for installation, will add a second stick when i get it booting)

Hey There

What are your current settings? The thing that was stoppiong me from booting was having serial ports enabled.

Be sure to disable serial ports, and disable safe boot.

Post what settings you have and Ill see how they compare to mine, but honestly, getting unibeast to boot wasn't a challenge

Im not using anything custom in the EFI folder, just standard unibeast install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back