CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Would someone mind checking my EFI please? I've a Dell 5040 i7 6700 & the graphics are still showing as 7MB. I've checked the guide & iGPU patch guide as well but I'm getting nowhere.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 45
Apologies, sorted now. I know there is another thread about the 5040 with Ventura. I've checked similar EFIs & adjusted mine on many occasions but nothing has worked. I've tried similar device & platform IDs as per guide but still at a stand still.
you could try device-id:
1B190000

must change....
config.plist:
CustomSMBIOSGuid -> true
UpdateSMBIOSMode -> custom

you could try device-id:
1B190000

must change....
config.plist:
CustomSMBIOSGuid -> true
UpdateSMBIOSMode -> custom
Thanks - I've tried that but once the OS loads the screen goes black and unable to get to the desktop. Just changing the device ID resulted in getting to the desktop the same as before, but still no accelerated graphics.

Thanks - I've tried that but once the OS loads the screen goes black and unable to get to the desktop. Just changing the device ID resulted in getting to the desktop the same as before, but still no accelerated graphics.
are you using HDMI or DP cable? make sure you are not using any adaptors as some do not work

also check bios and set DVMT to 64MB

Last edited:
are you using HDMI or DP cable? make sure you are not using any adaptors as some do not work

also check bios and set DVMT to 64MB
BIOS DVMT was on 128, changed it to 64. I'm using the HDMI port. There are two Displayports on it I will try one of those. Still the same on the HDMI reading 7MB

EDIT - It is the same with the displayports as well.

Last edited:
After looking up hackintools and opencore configurator, I'm still getting issues. ANy help appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    3.6 MB · Views: 23
  • opencore-2023-06-28-183810.txt
    256 KB · Views: 27
For anyone interested, the only way I was able to get full accelerated graphics was to use Kaby Lake device properties with -igfxsklaskbl as a boot arguement

1688154125461.png

Back