Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I have a new project.
I want a small Mini ITX Build for VR/4K gaming (under Windows 10) and work (Mac OSX Sierra).

Parts would be as follows:

CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 1080
RAM: 32 GB (16x2) 2400 DDR4
Mainboard: Asrock Z170 Fatal1ty Mini ITX
PSU: Some 500W Gold probably
Storage: 1x Samsung 960 Evo 250GB (M.2 Nvme) for Mac and 1 x 250 GB SSD for Windows

Do you see any problem with this build? Or do you have any advice? Is an Nvme SSD and a GTX 1080 possible? Is Nvme possible at all? I would appreciate your advice!

You left out the GPU.

Uhm GPU Is a 1080 or do you mean something else?

Looks good. Why not switch the SSD to Mac and use the 960 Pro for Windows 10?
Also I didn't see anything for Wifi or BT. Are you planning to add this? Or are you sticking with Ethernet connection?

Thanks for the link pastrychef, i'll look into it.

aztlan78: Do you think Windows (Gaming) would benefit more from it than Work (Mac) or just for keeping the installation simple and without much problems?
I plan on sticking with ethernet, it is faster anyway and BT trough a dongle

So there is no problem installing...
GTX 1080 + Samsung 960 Evo 250GB

The reason I suggested it is because of the ease of installation. Benefits in real time can be minimal. I've read that M.2 PCIe and SATA SSD difference are not deal breakers unless you RAID. Just some stuff I've read. I've used the Samsung SM951 256GB and the Samsung EVO 250GB for my Hackintoshes and I really don't see a difference. I also have a Samsung 960 Evo 250GB in my Windows machine. Works great.

Sorry if I was unclear on my previous post, I just want to do a build similar to yours but I am wondering where the Samsung 960 Evo 250GB would fit, as I wasn't aware that motherboard had a m.2/NVMe slot unless you use a PCI-adapter. But then how are you going to install the Graphics Card?

My apologies. No wonder I couldn't find it, the ULTRA M.2 slot is on the back of the motherboard!

If you have this Asrock motherboard are you going to be selling your Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 + Intel i5-6500?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back