i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm unlikely to be able to help, but just in case...

If you boot with nv_disable=1 after the crash, do you get the notice that your computer shut down because of a problem? If so, hit the report button, then show details, then copy and paste the whole crash report into a post here, then hit "Don't Send".

If not, you can often find the same crash report if you run /Applications/Utilities/Console and look under System Diagnostic Reports on the left for the one at about the right time, and paste the content into a post.

Hopefully that will at least confirm that it's an Nvidia-related crash and not something else entirely.

Hi
did you figure out what was the reason for the problem, I suffering form it now my pc is not recognizing my gpu

my SMBIOS is iMac 14,2
thank you in advance

I didn't investigate. But what I did is put everything back to start and redid the complete procedure to know what steps are necessary.
The procedure is described here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ccess-skylake-z170-k-i7-6700k-gtx-980-ti.html

You can compare your bios settings, ssdt and config.plist with those I used.

I know its been a long time since the last post, but I couldn't seem to open the page you have linked.. I have almost the same build and I would like to get into 17,1 SMBIOS, but I can't seem to get into the boot if I change the SMBIOS.

Help plz?

Many thanks for your reply.

Finally got it working, sadly enough I tried so many things that I can't really say what did it in the end.

So now it's only the support for the USB 3.1 connectors missing, but it's not essential, more like "it's there, so get it running".

Will play a bit with overclocking options first and do some benchmarks.

When I'm satisfied with that, I might reinstall everything just to see what patches and configs are really needed :)

Hi. So are you on the 17,1 SMBIOS? and have the 980ti running? How did you do it...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back