Contribute
Register

SketchUp Pro and Photoshop: Slow Response, Intel HD 4000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15R 5521
CPU
Intel Core i7-3537U/HM76
Graphics
AMD Radeon 8730M 2GB, 1366x768
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, I've finished stabilizing my Yosemite installation(Most of them anyway) and everything is fine.. But something bothers me. Photoshop isn't smooth and the same goes for SketchUp Pro. Is there something wrong with my IGPU? Is it throttling? Can someone help me..?

So, I've finished stabilizing my Yosemite installation(Most of them anyway) and everything is fine.. But something bothers me. Photoshop isn't smooth and the same goes for SketchUp Pro. Is there something wrong with my IGPU? Is it throttling? Can someone help me..?

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attachments

• Djhay’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 247
Here you go Sir RehabMan! :D

I don't see anything wrong wrt HD4000. Maybe your expectations for HD4000 are more than it can deliver.

I don't see anything wrong wrt HD4000. Maybe your expectations for HD4000 are more than it can deliver.
ohh.. I see. Yeah maybe its just me. By the way, I've encounter 2-3 kp's when I did the supplement updated. The error says that I've got a Backtrace (CPU X).. each kp changes from 0 to 3..

ohh.. I see. Yeah maybe its just me. By the way, I've encounter 2-3 kp's when I did the supplement updated. The error says that I've got a Backtrace (CPU X).. each kp changes from 0 to 3..

No idea without seeing the actual KP screen and information regarding when the KPs occur.

What were your procedures for installing?

Notes regarding your ioreg:
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext should be avoided in Yosemite
- avoid external devices (I see an external USB Ethernet device)
- best to use patched AppleHDA over VoodooHDA
- your build of VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not the most recent
- remove 3rd party system software when you're done using it (eg. Intel Power Gadget)
- replace unsupported WiFi/BT device with supported device (best with Broadcom)

Post output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

No idea without seeing the actual KP screen and information regarding when the KPs occur.What were your procedures for installing?Notes regarding your ioreg:- GenericUSBXHCI.kext should be avoided in Yosemite- avoid external devices (I see an external USB Ethernet device)- best to use patched AppleHDA over VoodooHDA- your build of VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not the most recent- remove 3rd party system software when you're done using it (eg. Intel Power Gadget)- replace unsupported WiFi/BT device with supported device (best with Broadcom)Post output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplatkextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Here's my Kextstat sir.
Code:
Last login: Fri Apr 24 22:11:05 on consolekextstat|grep -y acpiplatDjhays-MBP:~ Jhayzt$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat   13    2 0xffffff7f81ee0000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) Djhays-MBP:~ Jhayzt$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpuDjhays-MBP:~ Jhayzt$
Hmm, I have my phone tethered using usb since I can't get the wifi to work which is Intel's N2230. I'll proceed with removing the intel gadget and update the VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Here's my Kextstat sir.
Code:
Last login: Fri Apr 24 22:11:05 on consolekextstat|grep -y acpiplatDjhays-MBP:~ Jhayzt$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat   13    2 0xffffff7f81ee0000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) Djhays-MBP:~ Jhayzt$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpuDjhays-MBP:~ Jhayzt$

Looks correct.

Hmm, I have my phone tethered using usb since I can't get the wifi to work which is Intel's N2230.

Replace with compatible hardware: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Um, I'm using your most recent voodoohda sir which is Feb242015. Is that the latest?

That file is the latest and is v1.8.14. Your ioreg shows 1.8.13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back