Graphics
HD630, WX4100
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Looking for a recommendation for a single slot low profile AMD GPU for Mojave
I purchased a rx560 but the only slot (pcie 16) I can plug the card into is too close to the power supply
I made a rookie mistake of not checking before ordering.
this is for a SFF system

The choices are pretty limited... I think the WX 4100 and WX 3100 are the only current cards available.

You 'might' be able to adapt the MSI RX 560 4GT LP to fit to a single slot. It is low profile and dual slot with the DVI connector on the outside. If you are desperate you could probably remove the DVI connection and make a different heatsink/cooler arrangement. The advantage is that it is plug and play in Mojave, so depending on how happy you are to hack around it could be your answer.

Just a rant here, sorry... no way am I upgrading to Mojave from High Sierra, on my Mini-ITX Hack with my nVidia GTX 1050 TI OC low profile card. I have Mojave on a 2013 MacBook Air, and I see no advantage relative to High Sierra. Don't like Dark Mode, etc. 10.13.6 works just fine, thanks. Graphics performance below. Note performance on GFXBench Metal (version 5.0). 143.6 fps, not bad for this nVidia card! "Hey Apple, this nVidia card works on Metal!"
2019-01-08 Heaven with Lilu.jpg

2019-01-08 Valley Lilu.jpg

2019-01-21 T-Rex Benchmark.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back