Graphics
Nvidia 860m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The usb in question has something to do with the keyboard illumination. The vendor and device ids match those used in this project https://github.com/wearefractal/msi-keyboard. The keyboard lights flash different colors when it connects and disconnects. I believe the problem may be something in PS2K in my DSDT. I've attached DSDT and ioreg. All of my other USB devices are working.

Attachments

• tonymac-keyboard.zip
    612.9 KB · Views: 60
The usb in question has something to do with the keyboard illumination. The vendor and device ids match those used in this project https://github.com/wearefractal/msi-keyboard. The keyboard lights flash different colors when it connects and disconnects. I believe the problem may be something in PS2K in my DSDT. I've attached DSDT and ioreg. All of my other USB devices are working.

PS2 has nothing to do with USB keyboards.

PS2 has nothing to do with USB keyboards.

I don't think the actual keyboard uses USB. I think the illumination controller does. The keyboard doesn't cease working when the USB disconnects. I think it might be some function in the keyboard that's turning the port on and off.

I don't think the actual keyboard uses USB. I think the illumination controller does. The keyboard doesn't cease working when the USB disconnects. I think it might be some function in the keyboard that's turning the port on and off.

I think you're going to have to spend more time explaining your issue.

I think you're going to have to spend more time explaining your issue.
My keyboard has backlight illumination that can be set to a wide range of colors. The problem is the backlighting should be white by default, but instead flashes different colors each time the USB device in question connects and disconnects. I know the keyboard itself uses a PS2 port (confirmed in windows device manager). There is a USB in windows called HID-compliant vendor-defined device which matches the vendor and device ids of the USB in question. When I disable that device, the illumination can't be changed but the keyboard still works. So now I know for sure the USB in question is the illumination controller. Examining the ioreg tells us the USB in question is on port 4 of EH01. When I checked that in the DSDT it was the same as all the other USB ports in the DSDT. I figured the power state or something must be controlled by the keyboard which is why I mentioned the fix might be in PS2K.

My keyboard has backlight illumination that can be set to a wide range of colors. The problem is the backlighting should be white by default, but instead flashes different colors each time the USB device in question connects and disconnects. I know the keyboard itself uses a PS2 port (confirmed in windows device manager). There is a USB in windows called HID-compliant vendor-defined device which matches the vendor and device ids of the USB in question. When I disable that device, the illumination can't be changed but the keyboard still works. So now I know for sure the USB in question is the illumination controller. Examining the ioreg tells us the USB in question is on port 4 of EH01. When I checked that in the DSDT it was the same as all the other USB ports in the DSDT. I figured the power state or something must be controlled by the keyboard which is why I mentioned the fix might be in PS2K.

What is the vendor/device-id of said device?

The device probably requires specific driver for it to work properly. Perhaps just disable the port in OS X and forget about it.

See USB guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

What is the vendor/device-id of said device?

The device probably requires specific driver for it to work properly. Perhaps just disable the port in OS X and forget about it.

See USB guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

vendor-id: 0x1770
device-id: 0xff00

The reason I think it will work is because people seem to have it working on linux and osx even though steelseries doesn't provide a working driver for this keyboard on either OS. I know if I can get the USB to stop infinitely connecting and disconnecting it will work. I downloaded the ACPI spec, but the problem is I don't know where I should look in the DSDT.

I followed the USB guide and all of my ports are working with my DSDT without a port injector so I think I'm fine without one.

vendor-id: 0x1770
device-id: 0xff00

The reason I think it will work is because people seem to have it working on linux and osx even though steelseries doesn't provide a working driver for this keyboard on either OS. I know if I can get the USB to stop infinitely connecting and disconnecting it will work. I downloaded the ACPI spec, but the problem is I don't know where I should look in the DSDT.

I followed the USB guide and all of my ports are working with my DSDT without a port injector so I think I'm fine without one.

I would just disable that USB port.

I would just disable that USB port.

I'm going to try a little more, but if I can't fix it I'll disable. Have you ever seen a port infinitely connect and disconnect? What caused it?

I'm going to try a little more, but if I can't fix it I'll disable. Have you ever seen a port infinitely connect and disconnect? What caused it?

Likely you have an incorrect USB configuration (eg. incorrect UsbConnector value). See guide already linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back