Contribute
Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UPDATED Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

ill try a fresh install- edit

I tried a fresh install and failed.

I followed the instructions. used the newest media. Everything worked except for the multibeast. it crashed. So I tried a few more times only to fail and crash. I rebooted. Started multibeast. it failed. I will try again. but until then I just wanted to update you. I get screen garble. see attached image. What should I do? any ideas?

IMG_0092.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 295

Hi, I'm using 10.6.5 and trying to get my 5830 working properly. I have installed the kexts from the netkas blog, and edited the device ID in the IOPCIMatch section to include my device ID (689e). I have also used multibeast to repair permissions and cache, but upon reboot I am just getting the grey apple window spinning indefinitely. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

my 5850 is working on 64 bit..
people i don't know exactly where is the difference between my installation and yours...
so here is what i've done..
Ask me what i've to check, further, i would do then we could analyze and maybe find a solution for all..
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8242

Should I return my Gigabyte 5770 Silent Cell???

It's running perfectly in 64 Bit, but only on the DVI-port (there's only one). Anything connected to the HDMI port is ignored. In other words dual display does not work.

So far I haven't found a single post anywhere showing that anyone has managed to activate another connector on this card - the same seems to be true for the MSI 5770 Hawk which also features only 1 DVI-port, thus deviating from the reference design. (By the way, everthing works fine under win7).

That leaves me wondering whether the easiest solution would be to get a reference design 5770 or 5870..? Or does it make sense to venture into more exotic areas (cross-flashing bios / checking out all other framebuffers)? I noticed that also with other cards it seems quite cumbersume to get an extended desktop...

Any opinions and suggestions are greatly apprecated!!!

i thought the main reason was so the system can see and use over the 4gb ram 32-bit limit? and just curious, wouldn't performance be better when using a 64-bit cpu like the i7 i have? :angel:
The 4GB limit you mentioned only effects Windows. Apple's 32-bit kernel can address 32 GB of RAM. What the true limit is when running a 32-bit kernel a single application can only address 4GB of RAM.
another topic...i have a 5770hd (reference design) from what i read it seems the 10.6.5 update (aside from the 10.6.2 audio rollback) but im a little apprehensive about the 5770 as i remember i had to run some Multibeast stuff for it to boot, is this not the case when running the update via software update?

I just did a fresh install with a 5770 using this guide and it worked great, so I wanted to say thanks!

I had a quick question though. I have the chance to upgrade to a 5850 for cheap, is there anything I would have to do or change at this point to do so, or should I be okay?

rivals said:
I just did a fresh install with a 5770 using this guide and it worked great, so I wanted to say thanks!

I had a quick question though. I have the chance to upgrade to a 5850 for cheap, is there anything I would have to do or change at this point to do so, or should I be okay?
All you will have to do is switch to ATY_Uakari for 58xx.

Great, thanks! I'm guessing I should swap out the cards, boot into safe mode, then run multibeast to do that? And if I've understood correctly, I need to delete Vervet manually?

rivals said:
Great, thanks! I'm guessing I should swap out the cards, boot into safe mode, then run multibeast to do that? And if I've understood correctly, I need to delete Vervet manually?
ATY_Uakari will over write ATY_Vervet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back