Contribute
Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UPDATED Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

Used Multibeast while performing the install (Customac) ... see my setup below. Detects both monitors connected to DVI no problemo.

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68b8
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318
Displays:
DELL 2405FPW:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
DELL 1905FP:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

After running graphics update, DVI doesn't work. Any idea why? I am able to use vga adapter.

Thank you so much, I got everything else working.

yhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... i've reinstalled OS like 1000 times and i've still got problem with graphic card :banghead: . Let me explain what i do:

1. I'm installing Mac OS without any problem with the help of iBoot -3 help.
2. Run MultiBeast and tick everything what i after but don't install:
- UserDSDT (file is located on the desktop)
- ATY_Init Vervet
- RealtekR1000SL
- 32-bit GraphicEnabler=No
3. Update to 10.6.4
4. Run SL graphics update
5. Install all ticked staff from MultiBeast
6. Click on 10.6.4 or graphics update restart button.

Everything is going smoothly but after restart i can see the apple screen trying to load all settings and...... beng after sometime the monitor screen is blank - dark. I've tried with -v -x and nothing. My graphics card is in the first slot on the motherboard and DVI is plugged to the first slot.

Does anyone would know what does it mean this strange behavior?? :crazy:

lucas_kiwi said:
yhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... i've reinstalled OS like 1000 times and i've still got problem with graphic card :banghead: . Let me explain what i do:

1. I'm installing Mac OS without any problem with the help of iBoot -3 help.
2. Run MultiBeast and tick everything what i after but don't install:
- UserDSDT (file is located on the desktop)
- ATY_Init Vervet
- RealtekR1000SL
- 32-bit GraphicEnabler=No
3. Update to 10.6.4
4. Run SL graphics update
5. Install all ticked staff from MultiBeast
6. Click on 10.6.4 or graphics update restart button.

Everything is going smoothly but after restart i can see the apple screen trying to load all settings and...... beng after sometime the monitor screen is blank - dark. I've tried with -v -x and nothing. My graphics card is in the first slot on the motherboard and DVI is plugged to the first slot.

Does anyone would know what does it mean this strange behavior?? :crazy:
I think you need ATY_Init Uakari for your card.

Unfortunately with ATY_Init Uakary i've got the same problem - just checked.

So since the original post has been edited it no longer specifies that this will be 32-bit only. Is the newest workaround working in 64-bit mode?

trevolutionary said:
So since the original post has been edited it no longer specifies that this will be 32-bit only. Is the newest workaround working in 64-bit mode?
This is from the 3rd paragraph and hasn't changed since this was first published:
The only downside to this method is that ATY_Init is a 32-bit only kext and GraphicsEnabler needs to be set to No.
Notice the bolded text.

I'm replacing my GT240 with the HD5770 on a H55N-USB3 using only HDMI. I followed these guidelines without success. It boots fine with a clean install of 10.6.3 and with 10.6.4 using iBoot ATI-5xxx-3. However, when I boot after the Graphics Upgrade and MultiBeast 2.2 (with or without iBoot), I see "ATY_init starting," the screen goes black and the HDMI signal disappears. As far as I can tell, the boot never finishes and requires a shut down. First question, has anyone installed the 5770 using only HDMI? Secondly, any suggestions to get a successful boot?

Ok, so it's working only when i use DVI to VGA adapter buuuuuuut my resolution is only 1920x1200 and should be 2560x1600. Is it any solution to this problem?

Re: Simple ATI Radeon HD 5xxx Installation

MacMan said:
notshy said:
Also, your guide says User DSDT and then a lot of options, do we need ur DSDT for the card to work or they only for mobo installation?
This was just to show you can do everything at initial installation. I don't think you would need a DSDT for it to work.

If you have a running system and want to add a 5xxx card you can just use the following options in MultiBeast 2.1.4:

• Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics Enablers -> ATY_Init Vervet or ATY_Init Uakari
    Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI -> ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13 (8408)
    Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist -> 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No

That's all it would take.

I'm sorry if this has been covered or if it's really easy but I'm using Multibeast 2.1.4 (I think...the zip isn't labeled but I got it from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3986 and clicked Download multibeast here. Anyway...I cannot find under Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI -> ATI 5xxx support. Mine only has four different ATI 48xx options there and nothing about 5xxx. Can someone please give me a hint on why I'm not seeing the 5 series? Thanks very much in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back