Contribute
Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UPDATED Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

grafixidea said:
johnbrooks302 said:
I need some help guys. I'm totally at a loss with setting up my video card. I have attempted countless ways to get this thing up and running again with no success. This had led to restoral after restoral, including several complete wipes. Here is my hardware:

GA-X58-UD3R Rev. 2.0 FB
GV-R577UD-1GD
i7 950

DSDT Certified FB

FYI, I had this machine running fine for 4 months when I used Multibeast 2.5.1 with the ATY_Init Vervet+Graphics Update. For some reason with 3.3 all the kexts have been updated or changed for more features.

I just need to get this video working so I can expand on my resolutions, and to make it stable to upgrade to 10.6.6.

Can you guys help? I've been frustrated for 2 full days. :banghead:

TIA, John

Hi, I just installed my system few hours ago and it works perfectly. I use the same video card as yours with no problems at all. I used Multibeast 3.2 and 3.3. But I prefer 3.2 because 3.3 has a bug that prevent showing the RAMs correctly in System Profiler.

in Multibeast (3.2 or 3.3 ) just check:
-Chameleon ATI experimental in bootloaders
-32-bit Apple boot screen in boot options

After successful install you can only check:
-64-bit Apple boot screen in boot options, to boot in 64-bit mode.

I recommend doing a fresh install, otherwise you will need to remove any old kexts like ATY_Init ...etc. You will not need them at all. Your card just need ATI Chameleon boatloader and GraphicEnabler=Yes

Try that, then post results.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah Ive tried that. Ive done at least 8 fresh installs trying different things. If I perform what you suggest, after restart I get the grey screen hang. If boot in verbose, i get a smc fail to init (something like that). Basically right now im 10.6.4 with all usb, audio, network, etc everything working. The only thing I havent touched at this point is the graphics options. I have also NOT installed the SL graphics update, as this will give me a KP during install. Im really at a loss. :(

johnbrooks302 said:
grafixidea said:
johnbrooks302 said:
I need some help guys. I'm totally at a loss with setting up my video card. I have attempted countless ways to get this thing up and running again with no success. This had led to restoral after restoral, including several complete wipes. Here is my hardware:

GA-X58-UD3R Rev. 2.0 FB
GV-R577UD-1GD
i7 950

DSDT Certified FB

FYI, I had this machine running fine for 4 months when I used Multibeast 2.5.1 with the ATY_Init Vervet+Graphics Update. For some reason with 3.3 all the kexts have been updated or changed for more features.

I just need to get this video working so I can expand on my resolutions, and to make it stable to upgrade to 10.6.6.

Can you guys help? I've been frustrated for 2 full days. :banghead:

TIA, John

Hi, I just installed my system few hours ago and it works perfectly. I use the same video card as yours with no problems at all. I used Multibeast 3.2 and 3.3. But I prefer 3.2 because 3.3 has a bug that prevent showing the RAMs correctly in System Profiler.

in Multibeast (3.2 or 3.3 ) just check:
-Chameleon ATI experimental in bootloaders
-32-bit Apple boot screen in boot options

After successful install you can only check:
-64-bit Apple boot screen in boot options, to boot in 64-bit mode.

I recommend doing a fresh install, otherwise you will need to remove any old kexts like ATY_Init ...etc. You will not need them at all. Your card just need ATI Chameleon boatloader and GraphicEnabler=Yes

Try that, then post results.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah Ive tried that. Ive done at least 8 fresh installs trying different things. If I perform what you suggest, after restart I get the grey screen hang. If boot in verbose, i get a smc fail to init (something like that). Basically right now im 10.6.4 with all usb, audio, network, etc everything working. The only thing I havent touched at this point is the graphics options. I have also NOT installed the SL graphics update, as this will give me a KP during install. Im really at a loss. :(

Im gonna give the bump up to 10.6.5 then 10.6.6 now and give it another shot. Will post back with results.

johnbrooks302 said:
Ive done at least 8 fresh installs trying different things.

Are you erase the volume that you will install SL on form Disk utility during the installation?

johnbrooks302 said:
Basically right now im 10.6.4

Why you don't update to 10.6.6, I don't know if this will solve the problem, but maybe.

johnbrooks302 said:
I have also NOT installed the SL graphics update, as this will give me a KP during install

Which SL graphics update you talking about? I think you talk about the nvidia graphics updates, and they NOT for ATI cards.

Im gonna give the bump up to 10.6.5 then 10.6.6 now and give it another shot. Will post back with results.

I advice you to go for 10.6.6 directly. Let's know the results.

grafixidea said:
johnbrooks302 said:
Ive done at least 8 fresh installs trying different things.

Are you erase the volume that you will install SL on form Disk utility during the installation?

johnbrooks302 said:
Basically right now im 10.6.4

Why you don't update to 10.6.6, I don't know if this will solve the problem, but maybe.

johnbrooks302 said:
I have also NOT installed the SL graphics update, as this will give me a KP during install

Which SL graphics update you talking about? I think you talk about the nvidia graphics updates, and they NOT for ATI cards.

1. Yes. I have 10.6.0 on a USB stick that I boot into the install utility. Before I run the install, I use the disk utility to partition/erase the drive properly (Journaled). Then install SL.

2. Im trying that right now.

3. I had the SL graphics update sitting on a separate drive, and I thought I may have used it during the original commission of the machine.

3. I had the SL graphics update sitting on a separate drive, and I thought I may have used it during the original commission of the machine.

If you downloaded it form the forum's downloads section, it's not for your card or any ATI card. it's for NVIDIA cards.

JUST:
- boot with LATEST iBoot
- Follow ALL tonymacx86's steps to install SL
- After first boot, run 10.6.6 combo update, DON'T restart, run MB, reboot.

Could you also post a screenshot of all your MB options, or even write them in points.

grafixidea said:

If you downloaded it form the forum's downloads section, it's not for your card or any ATI card. it's for NVIDIA cards.

JUST:
- boot with LATEST iBoot
- Follow ALL tonymacx86's steps to install SL
- After first boot, run 10.6.6 combo update, DON'T restart, run MB, reboot.

Could you also post a screenshot of all your MB options, or even write them in points.

Ill try that next. I just attempted 10.6.5, ran MB again with DSDT, System Utilities, Audio and network. Video and bootloaders untouched. Basically a clone of what I performed to get 10.6.4 working. After reboot, GraphicsEnabler=No, grey hang.

grafixidea said:

-DSDT (DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FB)
-System Utilities
-ALC8xxHDA
-AppleHDA Rollback
-Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet

Thats all I choose and 10.6.4 runs perfectly, with input at boot GraphicsEnabler=No. I could just edit my com.apple.Boot.plist to avoid the command input, but that really wouldnt affect anything except convenience. I guess I could try to go straight to 10.6.6. I had to restore to come back to 10.6.4 after the failed 10.6.5 update. :banghead:

Why GraphicsEnabler=No :eek: ?!!!! Your config lakes somethings...

ADD to what you already checked:
1- Drivers & Bootloader > Kexts & Enablers > Miscellaneous > USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas
2- Drivers & Bootloader > Bootloaders > Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental
3- Customization > Boot options > 32-bit Apple boot screen from

(1) to enable USB 3.0 ports in your motherboard, (2 & 3) to enable the video card.

Also under:
Drivers & Bootloader > Kexts & Enablers > Disk >
If you have any ATA CD/DVD drive you should check JMicron36x ATA beside ONE of JMicron36x SATA & JMicron36x eSATA, depending on if you need hot swapping for your hard drives or have any eSATA external HDD or not.

OK! I am back in business!!! It was the USB stick all along!!! Here was my method of madness for success!!

iboot 2.7>
SL OEM 10.6.0>
iboot 2.7>
SL Combo 10.6.5>
MB 3.3>
User DSDT
System Utils
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas
Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet
Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental
32-bit Apple Boot Screen
Eject iboot>
Set Boot Priority>
Enjoy.

Thanks for all the great help guys!! Glad to have some great support out there!!

Last question tho, Do i have to run MB after every SL update?? (meaning duplicating all the checks I made after the combo?) Or can I just simply run the SL Update and restart?

Also, you think I can go 64 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back