Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am thinking of purchasing this case for my build, but I see it uses a slot loading optical drive. I know only certain drives work with Hackintosh, so do you think it will work? Are there any success stories using this case? Thanks.

Another question to anyone who has purchased this, does the slot loading drive come with it or do I need to buy it sperately? Thanks.

there are exaggerations when it comes to dvd drives, from only certain drives work, to only sony ones wake from sleep.

my experience has been quite the opposite. ive never bought a sony drive for a hack build, and ive built quite a few. my dvd drives of choice are lg or samsung.
the other day, i was installing mac onto someones computer which had a sony drive, and it was the biggest pile of **** id ever seen. terrible build quality. i believe these types of rumours are like chinese whispers on this forum, but i digress

no dvd drive comes with that case. dont forget, youll also need an adaptor for the slimline drive to connect to your mobo. eg http://www.scan.co.uk/products/akasa-ak ... r-and-data)

lovely case though. i want to get my hands on one and build a hack out of it. looks like apple designed it (if you are getting the silver one, which you better be :evil: ) might try and convince a guy that wants me to build one to get one

samisnake said:
no dvd drive comes with that case. dont forget, youll also need an adaptor for the slimline drive to connect to your mobo. eg http://www.scan.co.uk/products/akasa-ak ... r-and-data)

lovely case though. i want to get my hands on one and build a hack out of it. looks like apple designed it (if you are getting the silver one, which you better be :evil: ) might try and convince a guy that wants me to build one to get one

Yeah I am intending on buying the silver one. Any recommendations for the slimline drive? I also heard certain PSU have problems with the way the case is designed, should I just buy a silverstone PSU to avoid any problems? Thanks

bagnolet said:

Thanks for the thread, I tried searching but I couldn't any good threads.

In the thread I posted, the OP bought this FT03 case and a slot-in drive, read along and you'll find his report about his built. Maybe you could PM him for more information.

If I buy any slot loading disc drive, can I buy any color? Will it be noticible from the outside?

Also, does ejecting work natively in OS X by just using the keyboard command? Thanks to the both of you!

colour wont be seen from the outside.

yup, eject key on apple keyboards works

i'm using that case with my hacintosh. my spec:

MSI Z68MA-ED55
i7-2600K
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
16GB DDR3 (4x4GB)
SSD 240GB Kingston HyperX
Samsung 1TB F3
Sony AD-7690H
MSI R6870 1GB Twin Frozr II/OC

so as you can see I used Sony ODD and it's working great - no problems. Just remember to buy special cable to connect drive (not included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back