GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
EVGA GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!

I need a CD/DVD Drive for a hackintosh. I know the Sony Optiarc drives work great, but I cannot find a silver one except for on British websites. I have a silver Lian-Li aluminum case so I think the black Optiarc drive would just look weird.

And I know this is more of a cosmetic question rather than a technical question. But I thought I would just throw this out there.

But has anyone had any luck sourcing a silver optiarc in the good ol' US of A?

thanks!!!!

Hi!

I need a CD/DVD Drive for a hackintosh. I know the Sony Optiarc drives work great, but I cannot find a silver one except for on British websites. I have a silver Lian-Li aluminum case so I think the black Optiarc drive would just look weird.

And I know this is more of a cosmetic question rather than a technical question. But I thought I would just throw this out there.

thanks!!!!

The Lian Li case does not have a drive bay cover?

Hi!

thanks!!!!

I have a Lian-li pc-v600 silver, and has a gate silver for the dvd drive, then the drive goes inside, there is no need to change the dvd color...

This is the case I recently ordered; I don't have in hand yet though:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112375

I've never owned a Lian-Li case, so I was kinda unsure. But looking at the pictures again maybe it does have a "gate" that would cover the drive?

What do you guys think?

Thanks so much for the replies as well!

This is the case I recently ordered; I don't have in hand yet though:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112375

I've never owned a Lian-Li case, so I was kinda unsure. But looking at the pictures again maybe it does have a "gate" that would cover the drive?

What do you guys think?

Thanks so much for the replies as well!

Go to Lian Li website and dowload the manual for the case and read look at it. I think it probably has the door, but you might want to double check.

Hmm looking at the manual, it looks like you remove the bezel, install the dvd/cd drive and thats it. It there was a cover for the drive wouldn't you re-install that bezel?

Might have to go for another case.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back