Contribute
Register

Silent CPU cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to adjust fan settings in HW Monitor by changing values here?
(have tried... constant high speed...)

View attachment 128174

i also want to try this ... i just cranked up ny 2 140MM fans and noctua NH-D14 on full speed ... i have a full tower case so possibly i will update my cooler to something 280MM AIO cooler like Corsair H110 or similar / try if you could get 140MM or 280MM AIO cooler inside your case that would be sweet ... else try be quite cpu coolers .. they are good making quite coolers

I have been trying both softwares - SMC Fan control and Macs Fan control:
works just fine (as intended) on my Apple Imac but these softwares cannot control the CPU fans on my Hackintosh :(

I am starting to think to start all over with the OSX install - from scratch.

Questions:
1. should the fan control work right from the start, at step 3 in the installation guide
(http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...y-supported-intel-based-pc.html#uefi_settings) ?
In other words, should the CPU fans be running at a low (i.e. not full) speed already at this point, IF the motherboard fan control is working ok?

2. would it help to reset CMOS or reset PRAM or something similar?

3. I see now that the Noctua fan has a 3-pin connector, while the Intel stock cooler has a 4-pin connector. Would that matter? According to the MB manual the 4th connector is labelled "VCC". connector.jpg

Solved this - I tested with the Intel Stock cooler with a 4 pin connector... and RPM control works... so I just need to get a 4 pin cooler (silent one) ! Thanks everyone for supportive posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back