Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M DS3H
CPU
i5-9400F
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently did a fresh install of Sierra on a new SSD. Everything works besides for sleep. When I manually put the computer to sleep, my 2 monitors connected to the GTX 660 will go to sleep mode, and the SSD indicator LED stops flashing, but the motherboard and GPU fans keep spinning. I also cannot get out of this state by pressing a key on the keyboard, mouse, or power button. All I can do it restart the computer. Reboot and shutdown work fine.

I have tried the Fix_WAK setting in Clover, but it did not help. SMBIOS is currently 14,1, but I also tried 14,2. And I am using the NVIDIA Web Drivers. Anyone have other recommendations? This is the output of pmset:

Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 100(hidd): [0x0000001900098077] 00:12:07 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968221.17"

Timeout will fire in 599 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease

Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB

id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice

id=502 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1a100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice

id=504 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1a120000 owner=Keyboard Hub

id=506 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1a123000 owner=USB Receiver

Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

Last edited:
I recently did a fresh install of Sierra on a new SSD. Everything works besides for sleep. When I manually put the computer to sleep, my 2 monitors connected to the GTX 660 will go to sleep mode, and the SSD indicator LED stops flashing, but the motherboard and GPU fans keep spinning. I also cannot get out of this state by pressing a key on the keyboard, mouse, or power button. All I can do it restart the computer. Reboot and shutdown work fine.

I have tried the Fix_WAK setting in Clover, but it did not help. SMBIOS is currently 14,1, but I also tried 14,2. And I am using the NVIDIA Web Drivers. Anyone have other recommendations? This is the output of pmset:

Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 100(hidd): [0x0000001900098077] 00:12:07 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968221.17"

Timeout will fire in 599 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease

Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB

id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice

id=502 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1a100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice

id=504 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1a120000 owner=Keyboard Hub

id=506 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/31/69, 7:00 PM description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1a123000 owner=USB Receiver

Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

Fix_WAK won't make much difference most likely a USB Problem or Powermanagement. Attach ioreg & Clover Folder with Themes removed ZIP attach. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Attachments

• Derek’s iMac.ioreg
    5.1 MB · Views: 95
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
I have attached those files. I don't have anything plugged into the USB ports besides for an Apple keyboard and Logitech wireless mouse.

Powermanagement is not implemented. AppleLPC isn't loaded, ACPI isn't patched. Trust/False should be True. CsrActiveConfig should be set to 0x67 not 0x3. You have a lot of work to do.

Powermanagement is not implemented. AppleLPC isn't loaded, ACPI isn't patched. Trust/False should be True. CsrActiveConfig should be set to 0x67 not 0x3. You have a lot of work to do.

Do you know of a guide that walks through everything I need to do? Or where I should start? Pardon my ignorance about all of this. Thanks!

Do you know of a guide that walks through everything I need to do? Or where I should start? Pardon my ignorance about all of this. Thanks!

There aren't many guides on how to patch ACPI. But id start implementing Native Powermanagement then making a set of SSDT injectors to go with Clover Hotpatch. Take a look at Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management. Implementing AppleLPC is pretty easy.

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "Dragon", "SSDT-LPC", 0x00003000)
{
    Method (_SB.PCI0.LPCB._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03                                          
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x02)
        {
            "compatible",
            "pci8086,8c4b"
        })
    }
}

Start patching your motherboard with DSDT from Maciasl. I have used that in the past and I know there is a patch for that motherboard.

Search the forum how to patch. Get the latest bios first before patching.

You need also to do SSDT too.

Like Violet dragon quoted you need a lot of work to do.

Do more reading and research on this forum first. And do not expect to get the right answer right away. You have to study to learn. Remember each and everyone has a different setup.

It takes a time to learn but be patient. Those are good motherboards to have and start with. it will give you good experience and sleeps like a baby once it's configured right. There are not too many people developing patches on current motherboards anymore.

At least you have some diamonds in your hands and you just need to polish it. Good luck!

Last edited:
Start patching your motherboard with DSDT from Maciasl. I have used that in the past and I know there is a patch for that motherboard.

Search the forum how to patch. Get the latest bios first before patching.

You need also to do SSDT too.

Like Violet dragon quoted you need a lot of work to do.

Do more reading and research on this forum first. And do not expect to get the right answer right away. You have to study to learn. Remember each and everyone has a different setup.

It takes a time to learn but be patient. Those are good motherboards to have and start with. it will give you good experience and sleeps like a baby once it's configured right. There are not too many people developing patches on current motherboards anymore.

At least you have some diamonds in your hands and you just need to polish it. Good luck!

DSDTs are old. Clover Hotpatch is the way forward.

Thank you VioletDragon that was a good info. I was out of the community for a long time since I did the old DSDT method. The old patches work very well for me ever since up to present Sierra and never change my motherboard since.

I just noticed most of the big guns from this forum still use the Sandybridge up to Haswell and Kepler build.

I need to ask your opinion if I decide to move to present Kabylake. Are they stable with current GPU since Apple support is up to Kepler on Nvidia to AMD?

I believe I have done all of these now.

There aren't many guides on how to patch ACPI. But id start implementing Native Powermanagement then making a set of SSDT injectors to go with Clover Hotpatch. Take a look at Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management. Implementing AppleLPC is pretty easy.

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "Dragon", "SSDT-LPC", 0x00003000)
{
    Method (_SB.PCI0.LPCB._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03                                         
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x02)
        {
            "compatible",
            "pci8086,8c4b"
        })
    }
}

I created a SSDT, and implement AppleLPC. Sleep is still not working unfortunately. I have attached IOReg and Clover once again. Is there anything you can see as to why? I feel like I am missing something, or did something wrong. I found your videos on Youtube and tried to follow them. I used your H97N-WIFI patches on my H87N-WIFI board. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • Derek’s iMac.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back