Contribute
Register

Sierra Wont Boot Without Unibeast USB Plugged in & NVIDIA Wont Boot After Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X UD5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 960
For a couple months ive been able to run Sierra 10.12.5 pretty well with out any issues. But it crashed last week for reasons unknown so ive been at it for a week trying to get it back up.

Ive been able to install Sierra but unlike last time, it wont restart properly into the designated drive without the Unibeast USB that i used to install it plugged it. When the Unibeast drive is plugged in, the computer starts up with the black clover screen and it goes into the desktop fine. But ejected, it goes into the gray and green screen and keeps restarting & cycling through the apple screen about 50-60% through loading.

Is this Verbose/safe mode? Does anyone know why it is doing this?

I think its the reason why the nvidia drivers wont load and cuda shows no gpu detected.

For Users with NVIDIA GPUs, can you provide a list of kexts you used and what boxes/items you selected in Clover Configurator?

I tried to install the 10.12.6 update but it kept crashing.
I even try to back everything up with Carbon Copy Cloner directly after the initial install so i can use it to recover but somethings causing it to not boot up properly like also.

Does anyone know if updating to High Sierra will solve any of these problems aside from adding recognition of kabylake CPUs?
Ive attached the config.plist for anyone who can help.

Im also looking for a good install guide for adding a Samsung M.2 960 Evo SSD thats attached to the MoBo. The threads ive been going through have resulted in no success.

Thanks in advance.

My Specs:
Gigabyte Z270-UD5
KabyLake i7-7700K
EVGA GTX 960 ACX
Sony X850 UHDTV

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 142
Your config.plist is wrong.
You should not Inject Nvidia or NvidiaGeneric.
You have not fully disabled SIP. CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67 not 0x3.
InjectKexts should be Detect not Yes

Your config.plist is wrong.
You should not Inject Nvidia or NvidiaGeneric.
You have not fully disabled SIP. CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67 not 0x3.
InjectKexts should be Detect not Yes

Thank You P1LGRIM for your help. I was going insane trying to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back